+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    His positive attitude should shine through, and will land him something. Keep on truckin'!! (Wish we had a smilie where the guy has his finger in the air doing the "trucking" dance!)
    LOL - that would be a cute smilie! I am waiting to hear from him and will update as soon as I know. I really appreciate the good thoughts!

I wish your husband lots of luck PGM. Two interviews! That's great. I can't even get one. I turned in my resume today for a job that would be perfect for me. It's come at the perfect time too. They are accepting resumes until Monday, so I have awhile to wait before I can even expect to get a call for an interview. Wish me luck.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I wish your husband lots of luck PGM. Two interviews! That's great. I can't even get one. I turned in my resume today for a job that would be perfect for me. It's come at the perfect time too. They are accepting resumes until Monday, so I have awhile to wait before I can even expect to get a call for an interview. Wish me luck.
    Good luck lilbit!

He went to his first interview at 10:30 and it didn't go well. They wanted more of a sales guy who is also a driver. An odd mix but I guess they are out there. So not M. So then he goes off to the 2nd one. Tells me we'll go to lunch after. I still haven't heard from him but I see it as a good sign! I think they must be having him ride/drive with someone and he couldn't get his phone (he leaves it in his personal vehicle). Good thing I had a can of soup here to eat. I hope he gets it. He gave them a copy of his driving record, license, and DOT record as well. More than they asked for but since he had it for the old company interview, he was set. I think that probably made a good impression. Fingers crossed!

I'm thinking of you two.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    I'm thinking of you two.
    Mike got the job! Better pay, better people to work with, better atmosphere! Not the greatest benefits but more pay goes a long way! He has to take his drug test and physical on Monday. Funny thing is - they give guys their birthdays off with pay. Mike's birthday is Monday. Ironic! They have to know from his license but Mike didn't even realize what day next week his birthday is so he didn't say anything! haha! Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me! I am so happy and relieved!

oh and the guy was late meeting him but took him to lunch!
    Last edited by PGM35; 04-08-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: additional info

That is great news about his job.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Mike got the job! Better pay, better people to work with, better atmosphere! Not the greatest benefits but more pay goes a long way! He has to take his drug test and physical on Monday. Funny thing is - they give guys their birthdays off with pay. Mike's birthday is Monday. Ironic! They have to know from his license but Mike didn't even realize what day next week his birthday is so he didn't say anything! haha! Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me! I am so happy and relieved!

Awesome! That is so good! Best of everything to you and Mike!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post

Fantastic news! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!

Lil Bit, I hope you'll get called in for an interview soon. Good Luck!

Great news PMG! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations to Mike!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Congratulations PMG and especially Mike!

+ Reply to Thread