+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    queenb---I'm guessing you might get a lot of PMs on this one....you could post here if you don't mind, and people could just skip it if they aren't interested.
    Congrats on the successful surgery---glad it went so well.
    PWS, why? Are you in on the 'party' too?
    I've sent info to a few folks, if other people want to know wanything, pipe up now and I'll compose a page. I was just not wanting to be a thread hog!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hog away! You know I'm interested.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Bunny, you are lucky to have such caring people living near you. Good neighbors are rare these days.
    They are mostly elderly so we ate at 5:00 and they left by 6:30.....such sweet people! I hope you are doing well Queenb

It is so good to be home and to read the posts on this thread! queenB, it is nice that you had a good experience and that you are home. Bunny, your neighbors sound great! And it very sweet of you to invite them to dinner.

My good news is that I was able to donate blood today. I don't always have enough iron, but today I passed the test! I have a good friend and my SIL who are both fighting cancer, so donating blood is a way to indirectly help them. My friend recently needed four transfusions, she was in a severe health crisis, but is slowly feeling better.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Queenb-I'm hopping on the party wagon-be a dear and type away!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    It is so good to be home and to read the posts on this thread! queenB, it is nice that you had a good experience and that you are home. Bunny, your neighbors sound great! And it very sweet of you to invite them to dinner.

My good news is that I was able to donate blood today. I don't always have enough iron, but today I passed the test! I have a good friend and my SIL who are both fighting cancer, so donating blood is a way to indirectly help them. My friend recently needed four transfusions, she was in a severe health crisis, but is slowly feeling better.
    You're a good egg Cootie!

Will get on it tomorrow after school, and tell the entire story!
    Cootie, my blood is always 'borderline' on iron so they always turn me down. I'm hoping MAYBE as I get a little smaller and with all the new vitamins, that might change.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Will get on it tomorrow after school, and tell the entire story!
    Cootie, my blood is always 'borderline' on iron so they always turn me down. I'm hoping MAYBE as I get a little smaller and with all the new vitamins, that might change.
    Possible, but don't count on it. Harder to absorb iron after this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Possible, but don't count on it. Harder to absorb iron after this.
    I've had problems with anemia since my weight loss surgery, but I had an endometrial ablation done in November, so I'm hoping that will help with my iron deficiency. I haven't been able to donate blood in years. I don't even try anymore. I used to donate whenever I could.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I've had problems with anemia since my weight loss surgery, but I had an endometrial ablation done in November, so I'm hoping that will help with my iron deficiency...
    Wow! Same here, on both counts. I had the EA five years ago (RNY ten years ago), and it definitely helped with the anemia. Not that I'm as "iron rich" as I used to be, but it's brought me at least to the low end of the normal range.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread