+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

MRD, look at one of the less ritzy hospitals, and that price will drop by half, I bet. That's how my surgery was - $5300 as opposed to $8500 at the fancy one, and there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the place I went to, and the hotel they put me in afterward was pretty upscale, probably 4 star. Let me know if you have to wait, and maybe we can both go, if I can save up a few bucks (I should be down to a reasonable size to take off my apron by then)
    I also got my bald eyebrows tattooed back on. Here, it's $350-800, but I got them for $60 - in my hotel room!

Here's my hospital room. The double bed is for your traveling companion, who stays with you and eats free. I had a normal hospital bed only bigger than regular.

The Last Supper; tortilla soup, broth only, and a giant Pomegranate Margarita. Booze is a clear liqid; even the doctor said "well...yeah" and laughed. My sister idn't like hers so I got half of it too. I don't see myself being able to HOLD enough of anything to waste calories on alcohol for quite a while, so this was fun.

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've wanted (and needed) to have a tummy tuck for a long time. Well, since I had my own gastric bypass surgery 6 years ago, but I've always been kind of afraid to have it done in Mexico. I'd love to hear about your experience there Queenb. PM me if you'd rather. I'm so glad it all went well, and keep us posted on your weight loss.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Lil Bit, the risks are the same as they are here, of course, but after my experience if I decide to have anything 'done' after my weight loss, I'm not even going to check with US doctors, who have to spend so much times jumping through hoops and worrying about being sued. And the surgeons in the countries with medical tourism do far, far more surgeries because they get patients from all over the US, Canada, etc. so they most likely are more experienced than one up here who does maybe surgeries 2 days a week, one or two a day.
    My surgeon generally does 15-20 surgeries weekly. Also, the doctors and staff spend much more time with you, as they aren't so busy pushing papers. My doctors here were all enthusiastic about me going although the bariatric surgeon's office I contacted made it sound as if it was a horrible idea, and gave me all these reasons not to do it there...of course. If you want to hear the whole drawn out story, just say and I'll pm it to you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

queenb---I'm guessing you might get a lot of PMs on this one....you could post here if you don't mind, and people could just skip it if they aren't interested.
    Congrats on the successful surgery---glad it went so well.

MRD

Lil bit, queenb and me can all go together. The plastic surgeon I found ONLY does surgery on bariatric patients, so he probably has way more experience than plastic surgeons her. The before and after photos were amazing.
    I find that I metabolize booze more quickly. So I get buzzed but seldom drunk and it wears off more quickly too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

queenb, you are absolutely the cutest thing!!
    Enjoy those margaritas!

Thanks; I think the little sunburn makes me look drunk in that picture!

We've lived in our home for less than a year but I've discovered that I have the best neighbors. When I fell and broke my ankle on the ice-covered driveway my neighbor saw me and got help. They have all been amazing ever since and I am happy to treat them all to dinner tonight. I love feeding people and I couldn't have gotten through the last few months without these kind souls.

Feeding people brings on good conversation and good memories. I'm sure they will appreciate dinner, Bunny. Enjoy!

Bunny, you are lucky to have such caring people living near you. Good neighbors are rare these days.

+ Reply to Thread