+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Gut: Your daughter must be excited. I googled Yellowstone Lake Hotel, its gorgeous! What a great enviroment to be surrounded by while working for the summer. You should try and make plans to visit! It would be a nice gettaway.

Thanks everyone! I'll make a call this afternoon and see what I can find out.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My daughter found out this week that she was accepted to work at Yellowstone Nat'l Park this summer! She will be cooking for the Lake Hotel. I had expressed to my siblings that I might try to go out to see her, but my brother said you have to book a couple years in advance there. I may call anyway and ask if they have anything, any time this summer.

If you can't get into Lake Hotel, stay in West Yellowstone Montana. It is a beautiful little town and right at the gate to the park. Yellowstone is one of my favorite places.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My daughter found out this week that she was accepted to work at Yellowstone Nat'l Park this summer! She will be cooking for the Lake Hotel. I had expressed to my siblings that I might try to go out to see her, but my brother said you have to book a couple years in advance there. I may call anyway and ask if they have anything, any time this summer.
    Gutmutter, I hate to say it, but your brother is misinformed. You can easily get accommodations in Yellowstone at any of the hotels, just maybe not in July. I had rather go in mid August to September (elk bugling!) or late May/early to mid June when all the baby animals are new, anyway. Besides, the crowds are FAR less at those times and big crowds ruin the national parks for me; plus your daughter will be at her busiest then. August normally has lots of openings too. If you are not hell bent on a certain date or type of room, you can go.
    Even the "Frontier cabins" at Lake are an option, within an easy walk of the hotel. I've stayed in those and as I remember they were nearly $100 less than the least expensive hotel room. And they are not really what I and I suspect you would call 'frontier', unless that means "no TV" to you. They are more like "teeny tiny houses". When you check, go to Yellowstone Cabins, Accommodation, Inn, Lodging, Camping: Xanterra. which is the official site, do not go through other avenues or you will get ripped off. Make sure when you view the dates, click through all room types as they all won't show at once.

( you know I am a travel nut; I just had to look and almost all days in August and even a good many days in yucky-to-me July have openings in the hotel itself for "standard one queen" and even lakeside rooms. There are also the little cabins available. Don't make the mistake of having less than 3 whole days there and obviously more would be better.(The little cabin does have 2 beds, and would even be cheaper if you wanted to go in the last half of August with a very good, experienced, and knowledgable but inexpensive driver and guide to take you around the park for some or all of your days... )

If you want any help planning your Yellowstone trip, PM me and I'll help--even could let you have my phone #. I KNOW you would love to go out there, even if your daughter were not working there which is a huge bonus.

In my own good news, I just got back from Tijuana, and I left half my stomach there; I am having no pain, and am looking forward to getting healthier.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks queenb! I've been sooooo busy, and haven't called. I'll make it a priority this weekend.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Queenb, I just love the way you invite yourself! I was about to ask for myself!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    ]

Gutmutter, I hate to say it, but your brother is misinformed. You can easily get accommodations in Yellowstone at any of the hotels, just maybe not in July. I had rather go in mid August to September (elk bugling!) or late May/early to mid June when all the baby animals are new, anyway. Besides, the crowds are FAR less at those times and big crowds ruin the national parks for me; plus your daughter will be at her busiest then. August normally has lots of openings too. If you are not hell bent on a certain date or type of room, you can go.
    Even the "Frontier cabins" at Lake are an option, within an easy walk of the hotel. I've stayed in those and as I remember they were nearly $100 less than the least expensive hotel room. And they are not really what I and I suspect you would call 'frontier', unless that means "no TV" to you. They are more like "teeny tiny houses". When you check, go to Yellowstone Cabins, Accommodation, Inn, Lodging, Camping: Xanterra. which is the official site, do not go through other avenues or you will get ripped off. Make sure when you view the dates, click through all room types as they all won't show at once.

( you know I am a travel nut; I just had to look and almost all days in August and even a good many days in yucky-to-me July have openings in the hotel itself for "standard one queen" and even lakeside rooms. There are also the little cabins available. Don't make the mistake of having less than 3 whole days there and obviously more would be better.(The little cabin does have 2 beds, and would even be cheaper if you wanted to go in the last half of August with a very good, experienced, and knowledgable but inexpensive driver and guide to take you around the park for some or all of your days... )

If you want any help planning your Yellowstone trip, PM me and I'll help--even could let you have my phone #. I KNOW you would love to go out there, even if your daughter were not working there which is a huge bonus.

In my own good news, I just got back from Tijuana, and I left half my stomach there; I am having no pain, and am looking forward to getting healthier

What a doll you are, queenb! How sweet of you to look up all the travel info about Yellowstone.

I'm glad your operation went well and that you are not in pain. This was the gastric sleeve, no? Am I correct in assuming you went to Mexico for this procedure? I'd be interested in learning more information about this. You can pm me if you'd like to share. Wishing you continued good health!

queen: I thought you went on vacation to Mexico and got sick! I had no idea it was for surgery. Glad to hear all went well and you are recovering!

No, it was intentional, and I feel GREAT! I did get the sleeve in Mexico, and only had pain for one day and a tiny amount the next day.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Queenb, glad all went well. I am looking at Tiajuana for cosmetic surgery. They offer special bariatric procedures for those of us that lost weight but not skin after gastric bypass or sleeve surgery. Can't afford it at present, but maybe next year. The price is great and the hospital is resort like.
    Here's to a great loss for you!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread