+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

That's a great deal GuardianAngel. I remember reading somewhere that making improvements on your kitchen and your bathroom really increases the selling value of your home, so it should pay off in the end.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Wrigley! ...Yesterday I noticed in one of the flyers, there is a corner unit, much nicer than the shower stalls for $199.00!!! They only have 10 of them. I called them to be sure of the size, and if I pay for it, they are willing to hold it until I can get someone to put it in! I bought the paint a couple of months ago, I got the flooring before xmas on sale, so I'm finally ready to get this done!
    Awesome, don't you just LOVE saving money like that and still getting what you want? Hope it turns out as you hope!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    That's a great deal GuardianAngel. I remember reading somewhere that making improvements on your kitchen and your bathroom really increases the selling value of your home, so it should pay off in the end.
    Very true. We put about $10,000 into our house (plus a lot of labour - did everything ourselves), and it is now worth $150,000 more than we paid for it. Granted, we bought it seven years ago, but still, that's a nice return on our investment.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have a couple of things to be grateful for.

First of all, though I don't have a regular teaching job I have gotten so many long terms this year that I have only had one day off since August. I am working through Spring Break right now and hope this continues to the end of June.

Secondly, my ancient phone died last week and because I hadn't upgraded in years I had a great discount towards a new phone and got an iPhone. My last phone couldn't even text!

So one superficial thanks and one much more serious.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Great news everyone!
    My son, who graduates in May, has been offered a job with the firm where he has been working.

Nice to hear from JLuvs and inthegarden with such good news! I know how much having a job means. We still have tough times ahead in my state and our schools are getting wiped out, especially library jobs, but a few people have retired so I may be able to hang on to my regular hours next year.

Great news inthegarden! He must be so happy, congrats!

Jluvs: Hope your job last as long as you are hoping for! Discounts are a wonderful thing especially when it comes to cell phones.

My daughter found out this week that she was accepted to work at Yellowstone Nat'l Park this summer! She will be cooking for the Lake Hotel. I had expressed to my siblings that I might try to go out to see her, but my brother said you have to book a couple years in advance there. I may call anyway and ask if they have anything, any time this summer.
    Count your blessings!

Great news on the summer job, Gutmutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My daughter found out this week that she was accepted to work at Yellowstone Nat'l Park this summer! She will be cooking for the Lake Hotel. I had expressed to my siblings that I might try to go out to see her, but my brother said you have to book a couple years in advance there. I may call anyway and ask if they have anything, any time this summer.
    There are bound to be cancellations, I'd think. And your daughter may meet a connection who knows a guy who's connected to ....
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread