+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Congrats everyone, on their good news! This is certainly a feel good thread!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    Congratulations and I know how you feel to! My daughter had my first grandchild in January and she is a 10 hour drive away from me. We are finally going up at the end of this month to meet her and I can't wait to just hold the baby and smell the baby smell of shampoo and stuff. To fly it is only an hour flight but at $800 for a ticket I would rather drive.
    We need a new grandparents' thread! And, wow, $800 a ticket for a 10 hour drive equivalent???!!! I don't blame you for driving! Luckily for me my new grandson and I both live a few minutes from a Southwest small airport terminal, with frequent direct flights!
    Congrats to your daughter, Cootie! The way things are these days to be able to get fulltime work in one's field is VERY good news! She must have impressed them!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I was in Japan for the 9.0 earthquake, aftershocks, and tsunami's - my good news: my flight back to the US was the only one allowed to leave Narita airport!

Great news.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    I was in Japan for the 9.0 earthquake, aftershocks, and tsunami's - my good news: my flight back to the US was the only one allowed to leave Narita airport!
    Wow, so glad to hear that you are safe and are home. My friend's son lives in Japan and I found out that he is fine. So more good news coming from such a disaster.

We had a sudden storm today that took down old growth pine trees not far from my house. The good news is that no trees fell on my house or any of our neighbors' homes!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Wow, so glad to hear that you are safe and are home. My friend's son lives in Japan and I found out that he is fine. So more good news coming from such a disaster.

We had a sudden storm today that took down old growth pine trees not far from my house. The good news is that no trees fell on my house or any of our neighbors' homes!
    That is good news. Glad you were all safe. I love spring but dread the storms. The last few years we have been hit by straight line winds... twice, a tornado, flooded and struck by lighting...Hmmm... makes me wonder.

WrigleyDogA2 So glad you were able to get out safe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    That is good news. Glad you were all safe. I love spring but dread the storms. The last few years we have been hit by straight line winds... twice, a tornado, flooded and struck by lighting...Hmmm... makes me wonder.

WrigleyDogA2 So glad you were able to get out safe.
    yes, you have to wonder if there's a hint there! In a S. King novel you'd be living on an old lost graveyard! I guess the good news there is that the house survives and you all do, too? If you sell I'm not sure what the full disclosure to buyers requires though!
    Good news about the safety of those visiting in Japan...but lots of bad news continues to come. I still haven't heard what happened to those 3 missing trains running along the coast line. ... but that's discussion for another thread.

Scary. Thankfully you are okay.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

That gave me goosbumps all over! So glad you're okay!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Wrigley! Wow, so glad to hear you are home safe and sound!

I need to replace a shower stall, and have been putting it off for while now, well a few years for sure, because I didn't want to pay $500-plus, and the cost of having someone do it for a house I plan on selling in a few years. The corner units are far more expensive so I would have been happy to settle for a shower stall that's the same as what's there now. I have been looking a sales etc for a long time.

Yesterday I noticed in one of the flyers, there is a corner unit, much nicer than the shower stalls for $199.00!!! They only have 10 of them. I called them to be sure of the size, and if I pay for it, they are willing to hold it until I can get someone to put it in! I bought the paint a couple of months ago, I got the flooring before xmas on sale, so I'm finally ready to get this done!

+ Reply to Thread