+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 829 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175575 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Ana, that's great news. Good luck to your son and his band

joeguy, congratulations on the job.

hajin, as Ana has said there is nothing like the last day of school feeling. have a great summer.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gut, I'm happy to see you are in such good spirits. Enjoy preparing your little nest, but don't overdo it and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Joe, congrats on your job news. Finding stable jobs as a dj is not easy i'm sure, so that means you have great talent.

Ana, you have every right to be proud of your son. I hope we will hear about him in the very near future.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    Joe, congrats on your job news. Finding stable jobs as a dj is not easy i'm sure, so that means you have great talent.
    thanks but its pretty easy for me to keep the job, not many young people want to work the midnight to morning shift on the two biggest party nights and as long as I don't screw up and swear over the air. I'll probly be there when I'm 50

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Congrats Joeguy! Sounds like fun - I love listening to the radio in the middle of the night

Gut - good luck with "nesting" and getting your house ready. Remember, your house will be there regardless, so don't overdo yourself!

Ana - Way to go for your son! Cool stuff!

No real good news today, but no bad news either. That makes it a good day!

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with my Little Sister (Big Bro./Big Sis.) during my "down time"? I have a 2 1/2 hr. a week committment which I want to honor as much as possible. She's 8 and very active. We share a love of books and arts/crafts so that's a possibility. Do you think it would freak her out too much to have her over when/if I'm really bad? My own daughter is a little cool towards her. Would it be wrong to ask her to participate if I need her to?
    Count your blessings!

Wheatfield, NY (outside of Niagara Falls)
    I love reading this thread, and I finally have some good news to share!

My boyfriend and I just bought our first house! At age 25 I never thought it would be happening, and the house is absolutely beautiful. Built in 2000, in a nice development about 30 minutes from Buffalo NY, its at the end of a cul-de-sac and the backyard is a man-made, private lake. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, I couldn't have dreamed anything better!

We close July 12th, and I just cannot wait to get in there and start making it our own.
    "The fact is, sometimes its hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then- to make the walk a little more fun."

--Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by PittGrrl04
    My boyfriend and I just bought our first house! At age 25 I never thought it would be happening, and the house is absolutely beautiful. Built in 2000, in a nice development about 30 minutes from Buffalo NY, its at the end of a cul-de-sac and the backyard is a man-made, private lake. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, I couldn't have dreamed anything better!
    Congrats Pittgirl!

Scary thing is I think I know the area you are talking about. We have family friends who live outside of Buffalo in a nice development, built in 2000 with a man-made lake outside their home. They also have 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. Very strange!

I am leaving on Thursday for Louisville, Ky. I will be there for 4 days. My daughter is not going, she is staying with my best friend. My friend even decided to take her tomorrow and keep her the entire week. I am so ready for this vacation, being a single mom I really need the break from parenthood.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I'm here, marybethp - I had consults and pre-surgery tests yesterday from 7 a.m. 'til 5 p.m. (including driving time) and an MRI at 7 this morning an hour away. So I'm done now until the actual surgery on June 30. Not much new to report... unless the MRI shows something new or the sentinal node biopsy shows it has spread to the lymph nodes, it will be pretty straightforward with a minimal amount of chemo. Of course if either of those show anything, all bets are off. I do have to say, that at every turn the doctors, nurses, and staff were wonderful, and my good friend who drove me and stayed with me all day deserves a standing ovation. I know that the thoughts and prayers of those of you here who are looking out for me helped to keep me on an even keel through it all. Now I have 3 more days of classes, a day for teachers, and then a week to feather my nest before my internment. I hope to get the living room clean, my clothes put away (I am a horrible slob), and a room off of the kitchen cleared out to be a hidey-hole when I need some peace and quiet. It is a catch-all room now. I need to stock up on groceries, get caught up on laundry, and get things in high cupboards at counter level (reaching will be a problem). Breathe in, breathe out. Let it flow. I am lucky to live in a time and a country where this is easily dealt with. Thank you all.
    I've been gone, and am finally getting caught up on Fort chatter. I'm sending you good thoughts and hugs and kisses, Gut. Here's to getting news that minimal chemo is what you will be facing. You should know Mr. Rose had to have major, invasive surgery for his cancer 20 years ago, and even then he healed, recuperated, and today is healthy and sassy.

So, get your hidey place in order, but don't work too hard cleaning and such. We'll all be supporting you as best we can here; keep us informed on your progress. It's wonderful to hear your friend devoted so much time for you...obviously you're a good friend to her, too.

Pittgirl, congratulations. Nothing beats your first house, and knowing you can paint the walls royal blue is you want.

Dag, enjoy your well-deserved vacation. Yoo hoo, Cabana Boy!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

PittGrrl - Wow! congratulations! How exciting! The house and water sound wonderful. 2 1/2 baths is incredible. (I have a bathroom the size of a closet right off the kitchen and 3 teenagers). Dag - I have a policy on childless vacations of "out of sight, out of mind". That may sound cold to some, but make the most of your free time and enjoy your vacation. You will come back refreshed and eager to see her. And she will appreciate you more having lived with someone else "not mom". Welcome back rosekid. I love hearing stories of people who fought and won agains cancer and are thriving now. My own aunt and two good friends lost their battles, and I don't know anyone who has beat it, so the perspective is good.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread