+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree768Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;4160591;
    Having been unemployed for 3 years since January 11, 2007, today I finally got an offer letter after 1,000s of applications and 100s of interview. I don't know how I am going to feel getting back into the working routine but I am so looking forward to it.
    Congrats!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congratulations chaserla, on your new job and Dragonlady on the new grandchild. Wonderful news for you both!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;4160591;
    Having been unemployed for 3 years since January 11, 2007, today I finally got an offer letter after 1,000s of applications and 100s of interview. I don't know how I am going to feel getting back into the working routine but I am so looking forward to it.
    Congratulations chaserla!!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I also have good news on the work front! After a hiring freeze for three years I had my first two interviews for teaching positions in the past week. Fingers crossed one of them works. I am just thrilled the hiring freeze seems to be over.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;4163703;
    I also have good news on the work front! After a hiring freeze for three years I had my first two interviews for teaching positions in the past week. Fingers crossed one of them works. I am just thrilled the hiring freeze seems to be over.
    Great news, Jluvs!!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Wonderful news Jluvs!!! Good luck!

I had my interview yesterday and it went well. The only problem I see is that, although this is for an on-call position, they expect you to train for 2 weeks. One week on the day shift and the next week on the night shift. With my full-time school schedule, I don't know if that is possible for me. I think if they really want me, they will work around this, but if there is another applicant that is more qualified or as qualified, I probably won't get the job. At any rate, they've just begun to interview people, so it will be awhile before I know anything. If it was closer to spring it wouldn't matter. I take all my summer classes online. But, I can't drop school now. I'm too close to graduating.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4164532;
    Wonderful news Jluvs!!! Good luck!

I had my interview yesterday and it went well. The only problem I see is that, although this is for an on-call position, they expect you to train for 2 weeks. One week on the day shift and the next week on the night shift. With my full-time school schedule, I don't know if that is possible for me. I think if they really want me, they will work around this, but if there is another applicant that is more qualified or as qualified, I probably won't get the job. At any rate, they've just begun to interview people, so it will be awhile before I know anything. If it was closer to spring it wouldn't matter. I take all my summer classes online. But, I can't drop school now. I'm too close to graduating.
    Hoping they like you SO much, they are willing to work around school. You deserve it, you've been part of the UE too long. Sending you great thoughts that they call you and say: Come to work!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My good news is......we just booked a trip to Disney World in March!! We weren't going to go anywhere, but we found a good deal and we thought we'd take the twins for a GREAT spring break trip. Mr. Sweetpea even gets to celebrate his birthday with Mickey Mouse! We're coming from BC so this is a much bigger trip for us than going to California. I can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4165843;
    My good news is......we just booked a trip to Disney World in March!! We weren't going to go anywhere, but we found a good deal and we thought we'd take the twins for a GREAT spring break trip. Mr. Sweetpea even gets to celebrate his birthday with Mickey Mouse! We're coming from BC so this is a much bigger trip for us than going to California. I can't wait!!
    So exciting!!

Have you ever been before? We went for the first time this summer and it was incredible!!! I am such a planner and so there were a lot of tips/secrets that I found that helped make a huge difference.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Glad to read all the good news---especially on the job front--maybe it will give hope to people who have been posting on the troubles thread.

+ Reply to Thread