+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Great news Lil Bit and Good Luck!

AZChristian I love a bargain too. Have fun on your cruise.

Thanks for the good wishes! I really want to get this job. It will make having to take all of those medical based classes worthwhile. And some of them were really a pain in the butt!

AZChristian - Very cool! I love getting a good bargain. I'd love going on a cruise even more. I envy you.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

AZ! Its sounds like it was a good bargain day for you! Enjoy your cruise!

I needed a new light fixture for my bedroom. I looked around at several places and liked the first one I saw that was on sale for $32. reg $49.99. I went back several days later, and they were having a huge sale. I didn't pay attention to the sales, my fixture was already on sale. I picked up a couple of small items I needed, that were less than $2.00 each, the sales girls says $12.84 cents. Huh? The light fixture was $32 plus $4 doesn't come to $12?? I said that can't be right, she looks at the sales slip, the light fixture was reduced further to $8.00!!! I love bargains, and I think that was one of the best bargains I've ever had, especially when you don't expect it!

Kudos to all of you getting good bargains.

The Packers are going to the Super Bowl!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4159668;
    The Packers are going to the Super Bowl!!!
    As my friend Jim texted me back-- AMAZING!

my note: And we didn't even need Bret Favre....

Go Packers & AJ Hawk!!! (hometown boy)
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;4159705;
    As my friend Jim texted me back-- AMAZING!

my note: And we didn't even need Bret Favre....
    Given that Aaron Rodgers can run the ball on a regular basis -- and today he made a tackle -- he's on his way to being a better q'back than Favre. (If he isn't already...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My good news is that I'm going to be a grandma!!!!!!My daughter is having a baby!!! She and her husband are so excited!!

My son, David, died 5 years ago, age 35, right after Thanksgiving. It had always been my favorite holiday until then because I knew my whole family would be at my house and nothing makes me happier.

Since then, I know that the sadness and pain will be here during that time. Usually it hits me the day before as I'm prepping all the food for the next day. Every year it's a little easier but I think I resigned myself to feeling bad.
    It always gets better when everyone is together so I just hold on until we're all with each other.

My daughter is pretty sure the baby was conceived right around Thanksgiving time and we both agreed that now we can view that time as a begining and not an ending. We miss David every day, every night, every minute but now we can take joy in a new family member.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4160376;
    My good news is that I'm going to be a grandma!!!!!!My daughter is having a baby!!! She and her husband are so excited!!

My son, David, died 5 years ago, age 35, right after Thanksgiving. It had always been my favorite holiday until then because I knew my whole family would be at my house and nothing makes me happier.

Since then, I know that the sadness and pain will be here during that time. Usually it hits me the day before as I'm prepping all the food for the next day. Every year it's a little easier but I think I resigned myself to feeling bad.
    It always gets better when everyone is together so I just hold on until we're all with each other.

My daughter is pretty sure the baby was conceived right around Thanksgiving time and we both agreed that now we can view that time as a begining and not an ending. We miss David every day, every night, every minute but now we can take joy in a new family member.
    Oh, what wonderful news for you. I am so sorry about your son, but you and your daughter have a great way of being able to make some peace with it now and find the joy in a new baby. Here's to an uneventful and healthy pregnancy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread