+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I have a job interview on Tuesday!! It's for an outpatient receptionist at our local hospital. It's only fill-in/stand-by status, but with going to school full time, I don't know if I would be able to handle anything more. And, it will get my foot in the door so hopefully, when I graduate and something better opens up, I will have a better chance of getting on full time. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

LilBit,

Fingers and toes crossed!
    You can do it!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Also good to have something recent on your resume in your field. Good luck!
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Good Luck, Lil Bit!

Good Luck Lil Bit! Sounds like the perfect job for you!

FORT Fogey

Adding my "good luck" wishes, LilBit. Hope you get the job and please let us know!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've had a really great day! I had a Nordstrom's gift card, and found a pair of shoes for an upcoming cruise that I really liked, but they didn't have them in my size, and I didn't have my card with me. Made arrangements with the salesgirl that I would come back today, and she'd order the shoes to be shipped to my home. In the meantime, I looked them up online to send a link to my BFF to show her the shoes, and the price online was $20 LESS than the price in the store. So I showed a printout of that page to the salesgirl, and she made sure I got the $20 less price.

In the meantime, I'd stopped at a consignment shop to see if they had anything I wanted for the cruise. I'm really short and NOT thin, so I don't usually have a lot of luck. Lo and behold, I found a gorgeous 3-piece evening outfit that looks like it was made for me. The price? $20!!! So when you factor in the savings on the shoes at Nordie's, I feel like I got the outfit for free.

How cool that was!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wonderfully cool!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good luck on that interview, Lil Bit!
    My favorite past job was working at a hospital.

And AZChristain, the outfit sound wonderful. You could probably change it up with different separates for more choices for dressy dinner attire on the cruise.

I just love a bargain even though my hubby laughs at me when I show him how much we save with, for example, my 20% coupons for Bed, Bath and Beyond but I don't care. It makes me happy.

MRD

Good luck, LIl Bit! You deserve this, I hope you WOW them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread