+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I just asked how you were doing over in the "What do you want?" thread. Glad to read things are going well. Compromise, huh?... That's the part I would have trouble with!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut, I would get a professional. Only because if it is not hooked up correctly it could be a fire hazard. Not saying you aren't capable. But I have such a fear of fire, that I would hire someone else to do it. Also I don't know this for a fact, but it could be an insurance issue if it is not installed correctly and there is a problem later on.

Anything like that, I tend to err on the safe side.

But glad you got it, I'm sure it will be very cozy once it's working.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Gut -- MRD is right about it possibly being an insurance issue if the stove is not installed correctly. Was in that business for 21+ years. Might be worth the extra expense. Just my humble opinion.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ditto with go with the pro, Gut, although I agree it looks simple--there's also the carbon monoxide issue if you have leaks in the pipes with a dying fire... The picture looks adorable though.

Re the knee injection issue---only been a couple of days so far...my doc did warn me it could be good for months or have no effect at all, or anything in between, so crossing my fingers. I didn't realize how much it was bothering me until I didn't have the pain any more. I'm sorry it didn't work out for others for long---hope I'm on the lucky end. Interesting about the blood sugars effect, I wonder if that is common...
    I did try the g/c pills and they seemed to help for a bit, but then things got worse, and when I stopped them got better...so don't know how I feel about them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The good news, for me....after reading all of this.... is that I don't have joint issues or an family history of arthritis!!! Hallelujah!!!

For me, the really good news is that I finally went to the grocery store, my most dreaded chore!!! $200+ dollars later, I finally staggered out of there with, mostly, my basics....eggs, toilet tissue, milk, bread, etc. Why do I do this to myself?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks everyone. As soon as I started researching how to install it, I came to the same conclusion. I need a professional who knows the fire codes. I have to have it inspected by the town anyway, so I need to have it done right. Instant gratification urge will have to wait. I'm going to collect kindling in the woods this afternoon so can feel like I'm moving in the right direction.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Shay consider yourself lucky. My knees can now predict the weather. Was told about 7 years ago I'd need both replaced within 10 years. 7 years later, they aren't that much worse, but they do know when a cold front is coming.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Don't know if this is good news or not, but.....the older you get the better you can predict the weather!!

Any old surgery scars, internal or external, arthritis, etc. are better than your local weatherman!!!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4110338;
    Don't know if this is good news or not, but.....the older you get the better you can predict the weather!!

Any old surgery scars, internal or external, arthritis, etc. are better than your local weatherman!!!
    Oh heck yeah, right you are, girl! I was a daredevil in my youth, despite the fact that I was clumsy as a new born colt. Broken bones truly are the best weather barometers!

P.S. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4110338;
    ...Any old surgery scars, internal or external, arthritis, etc. are better than your local weatherman!!!
    ... root canals and other dental work, too, I've found.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread