+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 831 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174574 ... LastLast
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Nephew update....

I haven't seen him in person since he was 4 weeks old, but here are some new pics I got the other day.

The last one is of him with the build-a-bear I made him
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    That sounds like fun, Canuck.

jluvs, he's a cutie. Is her related?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    jluvs, he's a cutie. Is her related?
    My first and only nephew. Looks not one bit like me though or his Dad for that matter.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Today was the last day of school!
    Gustav Holst was right!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Gut - I'm hoping that you have more to add to this thread soon. Thinking of you today!

I'm here, marybethp - I had consults and pre-surgery tests yesterday from 7 a.m. 'til 5 p.m. (including driving time) and an MRI at 7 this morning an hour away. So I'm done now until the actual surgery on June 30. Not much new to report... unless the MRI shows something new or the sentinal node biopsy shows it has spread to the lymph nodes, it will be pretty straightforward with a minimal amount of chemo. Of course if either of those show anything, all bets are off. I do have to say, that at every turn the doctors, nurses, and staff were wonderful, and my good friend who drove me and stayed with me all day deserves a standing ovation. I know that the thoughts and prayers of those of you here who are looking out for me helped to keep me on an even keel through it all. Now I have 3 more days of classes, a day for teachers, and then a week to feather my nest before my internment. I hope to get the living room clean, my clothes put away (I am a horrible slob), and a room off of the kitchen cleared out to be a hidey-hole when I need some peace and quiet. It is a catch-all room now. I need to stock up on groceries, get caught up on laundry, and get things in high cupboards at counter level (reaching will be a problem). Breathe in, breathe out. Let it flow. I am lucky to live in a time and a country where this is easily dealt with. Thank you all.
    Count your blessings!

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Hi Gutmutter. My thoughts are with you as you begin this journey!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    well I have had a bizarre vacation week so far, at the fulltime job I went in for a meeting and found out they fired one of the two supervisors in engineering and the head grounds keeper too. then at the parttime job the boss called me up to do the friday night/saturday morning show and wants to know if I can continue to do it.....got to see when the relief comes in or try and get saturday sunday off for work. but to be the whole weekend guy is what I was dreaming of. I didn't want to be a bigtime dj cause i know I am no Real Don Steele, Don Imus, Greaseman but just a good enough guy to play tunes for the drunken masses who are too blitzed to notice my slight mistakes.....

Boy, lots going on in here.
    Gut my internet friend, I wish I lived close enough to drive to you and lend a couple of hands getting things ready. Don't forget to take a couple of days to enjoy the simple things.
    haejin I sure miss that last day of school feeling. Nothing quite like it.
    Joeguy - congrats on the work news. Sounds like you must be a talented guy. Dream big and believe in yourself. You will go as far as you dare dream.

Oh geeze - I forgot my good news. My son and his band saved up $400 and went to a recording studio to make their first CD. They have 3 tracks, and I finally got to hear them last night. They are an alternative band,so this music is not for everyone, but I can handle it and I am "old" at 41. I took a copy to work today to share with my friends and they liked it too. Most said it was something they would definitely listen to and wondered when he was going to record more. It is all about the cash. Sell CDs, get more money, make more music, create more CDs to sell.

Anyway, it is pretty good. Danny writes music and the lyrics, performs lead vocals and guitar - so yeah - I am proud Mama Bear AGAIN. Sure do love my boys.

+ Reply to Thread