+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree681Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

That IS good news Columbia! Thanks for bumping this topic. My good news is that life just keeps getting better and better. I continue to be thrilled with my new house... I now have a piano and my mom sent me my childhood music from all my piano lessons. I'm buying a wood stove this weekend and hope to have it all installed and inspected to enjoy by Thanksgiving. I've been healthy. I've gotten a second wind at work after feeling a little burned out last year. This year I'm really enjoying my students... even my two large classes of 5th graders. Teaching them is like teaching a classroom of cats - they're never all looking the same direction at the same time. My friends have all been supportive of my house search and all think I've found the most charming and delightful cottage. I am filled with love and wonder every time I sit by my back picture window looking out at the woods with the meadow and mountain behind and birds flitting to my feeder. I've read two REALLY good books on my Kindle recently (recommend Room to anyone who will listen). And I come to the FORT daily to commune with friends and stimulate my brain.
    Count your blessings!

A piano and a woodstove, Gutmutter? Sounds like my dream home. Congrats!! My girls are in 5th grade, so I understand the "classroom of cats" analogy!

My good news is that after last years mammogram call-back and scare, I got my "all clear - normal" letter from the Cancer society yesterday...my latest mammogram is NORMAL! I remember how scared I was last year. I think I lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks because I couldn't eat. Now I can relax and start enjoying the build-up to Christmas.

Columbia, Md, so glad you are feeling better and will be able to enjoy the holidays!
    Gutmutter, great news...life is good... there is nothing better than the warmth of a happy life and a woodstove...
    sweetpea, great news...enjoy your holidays.

I will get to spend my Mom's 82 birthday with her, my sister and niece. We are having a girl's only weekend.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Good to hearing that you are recovering nicely, Columbia, MD!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4108634;
    .....My good news is that after last years mammogram call-back and scare, I got my "all clear - normal" letter from the Cancer society yesterday...my latest mammogram is NORMAL! I remember how scared I was last year. I think I lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks because I couldn't eat. Now I can relax and start enjoying the build-up to Christmas.

Sweetpea: I remember your scare from last year. So glad you did not have to go through that again, and that all is normal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4108725;
    Sweetpea: I remember your scare from last year. So glad you did not have to go through that again, and that all is normal!!
    Thanks Columbia...glad to hear you are recovering well. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My colonoscopy got the "all clear", but not without my usual drama that I've come to expect. Nothing goes as it should with me.

My mammograms have been normal and cancer-free. Had to have 2 since I couldn't remember where I had had them done before.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Glad to hear your good news, shay. We need more good news around these parts.

Today's posts are like the sun that shone today here in Oregon after hearing that there was a 100 percent chance of rain! I am so happy for all of you who have posted. It is nice to read about your good news.

My little bit to add - tomorrow is both my wedding anniversary - Mr. C and I have been together for 34 years now. And it is our daughter's 24th birthday.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, I'll chime in. After gradually increasing up and down knee pain over years my doc talked me into a getting a shot in the knee (corticosteroid?) to reduce the inflamation (arthritis is the basic problem), and it may be my imagination, but I swear it feels much better. Now if they only had them for ankles and hips... or maybe they do, I"ll have to ask.

+ Reply to Thread