+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4093744;
    I talked to my daughter today and she did not know that I was moving back to SC. I haven't really had a good conversation with her in a couple weeks as she's been busy and so have I. We've texted and emailed. But we talked today and she was so overjoyed that I"m coming back and she's decided to get a different wedding dress and she is now waiting for me to get back to go shopping with her. But to hear the joy in her voice and hearing her tell me how much she's missed me and how glad she is that I'm moving back brought tears to my eyes. I've missed her so much and now we get to spend the final 2 months until her wedding doing all this stuff together we are both so excited.
    I was having a real hard time with all this until I talked to her today. Now I can't WAIT to get up there.
    You two are so close and I'm so glad you'll be spending more time together now, MRD. When is your move?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4094321;
    My good news is that my son's ex is letting us keep the girls a little longer on Sunday night so we can take them trick or treating. The agreement is that she picks them up at 4:00 on Sunday's and at first she was being stubborn about letting us have them longer, but now she's changed her mind. I actually think it's because she doesn't want to bother with it, but for whatever reason, I'm glad we get the opportunity to share this with the girls.
    What are the girls going to be for Halloween, LB? Have a great time and post a photo of them dressed up for us if you can!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Alexis is going to be Tinkerbelle and Baileigh will be a lady bug. Lexie is a Tinkerbelle fanatic. I just finished re-doing her room in a Tinkerbelle theme. Curtains, sheets, comforter, border. It's adorable.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

This time next week, I'll be driving through Georgia headed North.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Over the weekend, my husband and daughter painted the living room, hung the curtains I had picked out but never hung, rearranged, brought in unused furniture from the garage, hung pictures and generally made the living room, homey and welcoming for me to come home too. I was really touched. And my daughter says that her dad has been cleaning the master bath and bedroom too. (I've been gone 3 months, I can imagine it's state).
    They know this is hard for me to move back to SC. We thought we would all end up back in Florida. They also know that I'm not crazy about the house up there and because of the separation, I never felt like finishing the upacking or painting or hanging curtains.
    So they've been busy making it an easier transition for me.
    And they've all missed me!!! That just about makes me cry. When I left, I didn't think that anyone would ever miss me again. But to be told that and to hear how excited they all are that I'm coming back, makes me very happy, even though I am sad to leave my friends down here. But I'd rather be with family. :-)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh, so happy to hear this, myrosiedog. You're definitely due some good news. That was really sweet of them to do that. Hope your move back to SC goes well.

FORT Fogey

Cool news, MRD. I hope this will be the start of something really good for you. You deserve it!!

Great news MRD! So glad to hear things are going ok.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's great, mrd! I know you wanted to take things slowly with the reunion, but sometimes rolling with the punches can be fun. Enjoy the wedding preps! Hope you can find a job there and get back to school come January.

MRD, it is great to be valued. I hope your trip goes well and that the transition goes smoothly. I will be thinking of you.

FORT Fogey

Just noticed how long this thread has been laying dormant. Surely one of us must have some good news to impart!!

For me, some of you know I fell down the steps backwards at home. I am glad to report that I am feeling much better, off all pain meds except an occasional Tylenol, and can do a lot more things. That is my good news.

+ Reply to Thread