+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4086596;
    My daughter was invited to pledge Phi Beta Kappa today. We are so proud of her!!
    Congrats to a fellow Phi Beta Kappan!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4086620;
    Congrats to a fellow Phi Beta Kappan!!!
    Thanks.

Her middle name is Eugenia. When she was about 3 years old, she could not say it. She would say "a genius".

So She'd say: "my name is _____ a genius______." and we would smile and nod and say to ourselves: "yes she is" and now she's proving it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love this thread!

Enough money came in to pay the electric, water, Internet, and prepaid phone bills. I have enough food and pet food in stock. WHEW. Thank you, God.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4086596;
    My daughter was invited to pledge Phi Beta Kappa today. We are so proud of her!!
    Wow, has she been in college that long already? How time flies! Congrats to her, mrd, and to you for raising bright and hardworking daughter!

FORT Fogey

MRD -- congratulations to your daughter on her remarkable achievement and to you for raising such an intelligent, hardworking daughter.

My DIL is PBK so I know first-hand what an honor that is.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4086775;
    Her middle name is Eugenia. When she was about 3 years old, she could not say it. She would say "a genius".

So She'd say: "my name is _____ a genius______." and we would smile and nod and say to ourselves: "yes she is" and now she's proving it.
    You picked a good name for her -- and she gave it a great interpretation!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

mrd, it is nice to see news from you in this thread. Congrats to your daughter, the Genius!

Good for your young'un MRD.

MRD

Thanks all. Was due for some good news. And this is news that really makes me happy. Proud mama news.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or in the troubles thread, so being the sort of person I am, I've decided to post here.

I have cancer. Not the best news, certainly, but it appears to be low-grade which is much better news than it could be. Also, the hospital I will be treated at is one of the best cancer hospitals in the world (Princess Margaret Hospital), they will be operating on the double hernia at the same time, all costs are covered by our universal insurance, and my company will pay my salary for 17 weeks while I'm out, at which point it kicks over to long-term disability insurance for the duration.

Also, our mortgage was paid off last week, I got a raise this week, I received a $1,000 bonus for being a solid employee (which is truly surprising considering what a crap job I've done this year - I really haven't felt well for a while), my boss replaced the Kobo she thought she had lost and gave it to me when she found the missing item, and I won an iPod in, ironically, the Princess Margaret lottery.

And a big thanks to the hernia. The tumour would never have been discovered if I didn't get the scan to confirm the hernia because I thought I was going through menopause. As my co-worker says, I'm "just lucky enough".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread