+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Wow, that's great, Unk!

Yesterday, after two years on the casual list, I got a permanent position as a library assistant at one of the elementary schools in town here. I took 7 years off work after having my twins, then went back as a casual, and now I finally have a home I can call my own, where I can get to know the kids and really make some things happen. I'm thrilled! The best part is, it's 4 hours a day, during school hours so I can drop off and pick up my own kids from their school, and it carries BENEFITS! Mr. S works from home doing contract work, so we haven't had benefits for a long time, so this is huge for us.

That is really great news sweetpea. I'm happy for you!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Fantastic, sweetpea! The best of all possible worlds! Home with the kids,some reliable extra cash, some mental stimulation from grown ups and other people's kids, AND benefits! Now you just have to have a fall back plan for when the kids get sick and miss school and you've got life covered! This is a real life changer for you all.

Thanks guys! PWS, the fallback plan is all taken care of....Mr. S works from home, so he's always here to look after sick kids, or pick them up on half days or be with them on school holidays. The best part about working for the school district here is that I get all the major holidays off with the kids, so two weeks at Christmas, two weeks Spring break, and all summer. Yes, it's reliable extra cash, I love doing the job, and the benefits are indeed life-changing. I couldn't be happier about this!!

MRD

Great news sweetpea
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

sweetpea
    What a perfect job for you and your family. Not to mention the benefits the school kids will get from and interested and excited Librarian. I remember my elementary Librarian, I was a slow reader and had trouble reading out loud. She took extra time reading with me and hired me as a student helper. She played a major role in me becoming the avid reader I am today.

Welcome to the library world, sweetpea! I am celebrating my 21st year in my elementary school library and I love it, too. And it is great that you get benefits with a 4 hour job, my district got rid of benefits for 4 hour employees many years ago. for you!

That's really exciting sweetpea! Congratulations to you and your family. I love reading so I can imagine sharing your love with children is really rewarding.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fogey

Congrats and best wishes to you, SweetPea. Haven't had much interaction with you since we exchanged info on Hawai'i. Hope all this works out well for you and your family. Take care, and be well.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My son called me this afternoon from the Arizona State Fair. I had entered two afghans - one in the general crochet category, and one in the filet crochet category, and was planning to go to the fairgrounds tomorrow to see how the judging went. According to my son . . .
    • General Crochet - Honorable Mention (thanks for showing up, but your project wasn't anything special).
    • Filet Crochet - Blue Ribbon - First Place!!!! (Fewer competitors, but I'll take it however I can get it!)

Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

+ Reply to Thread