+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

My good news is that I sent an email resume to a new possibility last Wed, he called and set up an interview on Mon, Went to the interview on Mon and got the new job that starts Oct 1st. I will be moving next week (my old boss wouldn't accept a 2 week and told me my last day is this Fri.) So, on to bigger, better and brighter things!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;4065657;
    My good news is that I sent an email resume to a new possibility last Wed, he called and set up an interview on Mon, Went to the interview on Mon and got the new job that starts Oct 1st. I will be moving next week (my old boss wouldn't accept a 2 week and told me my last day is this Fri.) So, on to bigger, better and brighter things!
    Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new job and all goes well for you!

Congrats eveyone on all the good news and achievements. It sure is uplifting to read this thread.

famita - how far away are you moving? What about your new beau? Why wouldn't your boss accept 2 weeks notice?
    Count your blessings!

Well, Gut I'll be moving from Tiffin to Tipp City. I've been wanting to make a change for a while and finally I found the impetus to do it. I'll be moving in w/my new beau AND w/my good girlfriend. I think if all things go well, I'll move all the way in w/my new beau. Got to tell you, I never imagined that I would date, let alone move in even parttime w/someone! But I just know it's right. We both are real excited to see how things develope. My old jacka$$ boss has some sour grapes to suck on. We just lost the main gal in the other office (her husband got a church in Canada) and I think it's just sour grapes on his part. Whatever. It is what it is! I fully expected to work next week also, but that just means I have more time to finish packing! I can have a moving sale next week. I've been telling him that I will probably start sending out resumes since early August, so it can't be that he's surprised. Maybe that I got a job so fast. It just happened at the right time.

Gut, you've got to be on cloud 9 yourself! A wonderful home for you!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4065437;
    I haven't been around in a while... so a big Congratulations to everyone for their recent pieces of great news!! What a wonderful thread to read coming back!

The end of summer was soo busy for me with vacation and finishing my Master's degree. I passed my thesis defense and convocate this fall!
    Congrats on your successful defense! What a great accomplishment! Enjoy your convocation day, we might cross paths that day
    Don't let the small things sweat

Thank you everyone!

Gut, how lucky you are to have a gorgeous plumber!

Spooose, we just may! Looking forward to it! (Well maybe my family a touch more than me )

So much good news here.
    Count your blessings!

The roof leaks on my "add-on" room where everything was stored. It was next on my list of things to do when my next paycheck comes. The house inspector told me it needed a new roof, and I made a half-hearted effort to move some things in yesterday knowing that rain was coming. Why is this good news? Today we had torrential rain (we've had a few rain showers since I moved in and it didn't leak). Well, when I got home from work today, I immediately realized I needed to bring EVERYTHING inside the house. So now I have stuff in the attic, stuff in the hallway, stuff in the "laundry room" (haven't got the washer yet, but the plumber got it all set up), stuff wall to wall in my "sanctuary" that's in my avatar. A bag of fabric got wet so there is fabric hanging from the shower curtain rod, all over the floor, draped on furniture. A wallet pack of my high school friends' pictures got wet, so they are drying on top of the microwave. Are you still asking, "Why is this good news?". I'm so lazy, it might have taken me weeks to move things out of that outer room. Now I will have to deal with it this weekend if I want to be able to move through my house and enjoy my back room. It will get me on the phone tomorrow with the roofer. I discovered extra pictures sandwiched between others in my wallet pack. yay! (I warned you all I was a Polllyanna!)
    Count your blessings!

Every September my company does fund raising for our local Children's Hospital. This year we raised $56,659 for Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders :: Nationwide Children's Hospital, This is the most we have ever collected in one month.

+ Reply to Thread