+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

I hope that's superstrong duct tape on his mouth! Glad the weekend went well, here's hoping.

Hopefully you can figure out what's best for you. By the way, I like the new hair even better than the last cut!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Bogie weighs more than that gator did. Still he could probably bite pretty good. They had it wrapped more than once tho. I've never held a gator, where I come from in Florida, they grow them considerably bigger than that one and you wouldn't want to hold one of those.

I don't know how things are going to eventually work out. Right now, things are going well. We are still separated and we plan to stay that way for a couple more months until we both work out some individual issues and some together issues. And we don't know that it will work out. But it's not been too bad lately. I still say 21 years is worth fighting for. And he's made some amazing progress and I guess I have too.

But I don't know where it will end, but right now, we are both pleased with how it's going.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

MRD -- never saw a picture of you before (or anyone else on this board). I think you're an attractive lady and you have a nice smile.

I don't post much but I know you've been through the mill in the past couple of months. I hope everything turns out the way it will be best for you.
    Some marriages are worth fighting for; sadly, some are not. You have always sounded like a sensible person and will make a good decision.

MRD, I agree on the haircut, it is a good style for you, I assume that your daughter did it? And you look pretty happy in the picture. I am glad you had a nice weekend!

pwettybird, congrats on your anniversary and thanks for sharing your celebration with us - your dinner sounded lovely.

MRD

Thanks all.

My daughter did do my hair. Never had it that short before, but LOVE it. And it's easy to take care of. I don't even brush it!

That picture was taken when I was very happy. My husband and I had already had 2 great days together, I was at the football game, I was (and still am) pretty happy right now. I am trying to remain positive. I went through a very bad, very negative time and I am trying my best to stay upbeat and positive and the weekend helped a lot.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Crossing fingers and toes for you, mrd. I know how much you want this work out. Hoping that in 20 more years you can both look back and laugh at the lunacy, together. Are you going to continue to look for housing and sucking up the horrible job?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4056458;
    ...My daughter did do my hair. Never had it that short before, but LOVE it. And it's easy to take care of. I don't even brush it! ...
    I love the 'do! With our Santa Ana (hot dry winds from the desert) season coming up, I'm ready to trade in my bob (which needs to be blow-dried and often flat-ironed) for a pixie. My previous pixie-cuts were pre-weight loss, so I think I could really rock one now. And I sure could use the easy-care aspect. Haircut time is coming up soon!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4056532;
    I love the 'do! With our Santa Ana (hot dry winds from the desert) season coming up, I'm ready to trade in my bob (which needs to be blow-dried and often flat-ironed) for a pixie. My previous pixie-cuts were pre-weight loss, so I think I could really rock one now. And I sure could use the easy-care aspect. Haircut time is coming up soon!
    Wish I could send you my daughter, she does a great job.

I had been in Florida two weeks back in May when I decided all my hair needed to GO. She cut it all off then and its been great ever since. I do blow the top of it, but I just aim the dryer at it and use the other hand to push it around and in about 2 minutes I'm done. I don't even use a brush anymore.
    I love it. Like you I was too heavy to pull off short hair until now. But I love this cut. I do put some product in it occasionally to make the ends kind of spiky.

Go for it Ellen, I have loved the ease of it and that it's a lot cooler than what I had before.

I am continuing the sucky job and I ended up taking the house I can't afford. The owner threatened to pull his business from me if I didn't take the house. I talked to my manager who said "don't take it, he's bullying you." Which is great, but I work for a corporation and she's not the head of it. So while she had my back, would the company? And I asked her that and she hesitated too long. So I let this guy coerce me into the house in order to keep his business. Was he wrong? Hell yes. Am I upset? Yeah. But only being an employee for 2 weeks, I felt I didn't have much of a choice. AND this took private business between me and him into my professional working life.

So now I have a house I can't afford, I job I still don't like because this may NOT work out and I need to work and live somewhere. And if it does work out, then he'll move here (we already discussed it) and see how things go. I'm giving sucky job a year and re-evaluate then. I'm lucky to have a job even a sucky one.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-08-2010 at 06:53 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow...that sounds messed up, that you were blackmailed into taking the house... I think the company should chip in for the rent if you are bringing them in business! Otherwise all sounding good, though--haircut is adorable. I agree the pixie cut works better when one is thinner. People sometimes wonder why heavy women tend to have "big hair"---because if you don't your head gets dwarfed by the size of your body. Congrats on the weight loss!
    OK, heading offline for a while---one of those good news/bad news, don't know where to post, things. This summer our oldest got married, and the next day I found out my little brother had died suddenly...emotional whiplash. This weekend is his memorial service...but I get to see both my kids, my other brother, and assorted other relatives none of whom live near me, and most of whom didn't make the wedding... .

+ Reply to Thread