+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Gut, a little warning first.....I spewed my drink!

My actual first date is Sat-so excited! He says he wants to wine and dine me-I just want to spend time together. I told him I love to fish....so we're starting out the day fishing!

Sorry famita. Have fun on your date!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4023482;
    I just signed the purchase and sale agreement. I have it inspected today. Please, please, please pray that there are no major problems that can't be fixed easily. The actual closing is Sept. 20 so I'll still be staying with my friend for another month and a half. I was visiting a friend yesterday and she offered me a king size mattress and box spring... that have been in her basement for years. I went down to look at them and the basement has that basement smell. Not moldy, but not fresh. I don't think I've ever seen a king size bed. It's HUGE!!! I don't think I want to sleep on it, but I'm tempted to air it out (in the sun? with some bleach? Febreze?) and then put it in the extra front room with a gazillion pillows as a sort of hippy, lounge, reading area. It could also be the crash pad for my kids when they visit or if I ever feel the need to have an orgy.
    That is hilarious! I would love to have a lounge, reading area!

I've been away from this thread for awhile. Geez Louise, we are having orgy's, first kisses, going fishing, buying houses and most importantly good news for Bug!!!

Wishing everyone, lots of good positive energy every day!

I'm back! No expensive surprises, so green light on the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were a lot of little things, but then that's what a house inspector is paid to do and this guy never cracked a smile. My realtor came along and between the 3 of us asking and answering questions, I have a really good feel for the list of things to do in a prioritized list. Now the big question is whether the bank will ok me for a 10% downpayment or if they'll want 20%. If they offer me 10% I'll have a lot more done right off the bat with the loan. If they insist on 20% I'll have to do a lot as I go after I move in, but the loan will be smaller. Can you tell I'm practicallly giddy? Oh, and while he was writing up the report in his car after, I explored with survey in hand and found that the shed with a basement that looked like it was behind the neighbor's house is on my property! It has electricity and lots of hand tools, nuts, bolts, work bench, etc. still in it. I just saw an article in a decorating mag. where someone turned a shed like that into a little get-away with a bed and reading area sort of thing. Oh, the possibilities. And there's an extra chimney, which when I asked and we looked, has access in the basement where a pellet stove could be hooked up for an alternate heat source... down the road. I want my soapstone woodstove upstairs first.
    Count your blessings!

I love this good news thread - I took a break from cleaning for company to see what's happening here. Gut, your enthusiasm is contagious! I will get back to working on my little house to make it cozy for my visiting family. I tend to neglect the areas that we don't use much. But I always feel better when they are tidy.

I hope the rest of your house red tape goes more quickly and that you don't have to wait so long for your place!

Good news in California today: Prop 8 ruled unconstitutional!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4023482;
    ... or if I ever feel the need to have an orgy.

When's the housewarming party?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4024204;
    Good news in California today: Prop 8 ruled unconstitutional!
    That is good news. But it is not over yet - here come the appeals...

I just read they are already preparing to appeal to the supreme court. Good grief........... I guess I will never understand the way some people think and that is why we are all different I suppose.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread