+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

Gutmutter -- best wishes to you on the purchase of your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4020053;
    Congratulations AZChristian.
    I was out picking blueberries with a friend this afternoon and came home to an e-mail from my realtor that he has the purchase and sale agreement sitting on his desk ready to sign. I'll be there at 8 tomorrow when they open the doors, pen in hand.
    That's such great news. I've been wondering, then praying, wondering, then praying. Afraid to ask in case it was bad news. How exciting, and now you have a lion to guard your house!!

Rowr! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It's been a long process and still weeks to go before it's all final, but at least I know where I'll be living for sure.
    Count your blessings!

Good for you, Gutmutter; I know you're ready!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

What great news Gut ......Enjoy making it your own.

That's the best part, Bunny555! Thanks everyone. Signing in 2 hours and 20 min.
    Count your blessings!

Fantastic, Gut! Happy moving in!

Great news Gut! I'm happy for you!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've been away from my computer for the last 5 days. How nice to find a post from buglover in the Good News thread! bug, you and your family have been through so much. Victor is such a strong kid and it seems like he has the best doctors and support staff working for him! I hope that the recovery and treatments continue to go well.

Gut, you must be a homeowner by now! That is fantastic news and the start of your new life in the cottage. As I continue to work on my little house this summer, I will be thinking of you. How old is your house? Mine is 60 now and it needs constant care, but it is worth it.

I just signed the purchase and sale agreement. I have it inspected today. Please, please, please pray that there are no major problems that can't be fixed easily. The actual closing is Sept. 20 so I'll still be staying with my friend for another month and a half. I was visiting a friend yesterday and she offered me a king size mattress and box spring... that have been in her basement for years. I went down to look at them and the basement has that basement smell. Not moldy, but not fresh. I don't think I've ever seen a king size bed. It's HUGE!!! I don't think I want to sleep on it, but I'm tempted to air it out (in the sun? with some bleach? Febreze?) and then put it in the extra front room with a gazillion pillows as a sort of hippy, lounge, reading area. It could also be the crash pad for my kids when they visit or if I ever feel the need to have an orgy.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread