+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Lucky you!

I have to share that I just had the most wonderful weekend that I've had in a long while! I went to a 3 Dog Night concert w/a bunch of friends. AND "I kissed a boy...and I liked it"! First time since 1985!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;4005216;
    Lucky you!

I have to share that I just had the most wonderful weekend that I've had in a long while! I went to a 3 Dog Night concert w/a bunch of friends. AND "I kissed a boy...and I liked it"! First time since 1985!
    First time you kissed a boy, or first time you liked it?
    Count your blessings!

First time I kissed!

Good news is that Bug and her son are home from the hospital. I don't want to post any news that is not mine to share but ongoing love and prayers are headed their way.

Thanks for the update on Bug and her son, sending prayers and healing thoughts their way

Our house was struck by lighting two weeks ago, there was quite alot of damage done to the roof, window, chimney, outside and inside walls (in the room where it hit) and anything connected to our phone lines. I'm looking at this as good news because, we weren't hurt, other than being hit by flying pieces of drywall, the scare from the loud explosion and our house didn't burn down. Our insurance company (who has been wonderful in helping us) is going to pay for the repairs.

Here is my long good news........ for now I'm staying out of the Troubles thread!!

Tuesday the 20th we arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am for surgery. Victor was running a slight temperature so we had to wait an hour. Finally we were taken upstairs to pre-op. Around 7:45am Victor was taken into the "no family allowed" area to begin his anesthesia process. Once he was under he had all of his ivs put in. He had 2 in his neck, one in his groin area, 2 on each arm.... etc. Surgery began and we waited and waited. Around 2pm our oncologist popped his head into the waiting area. He said the tumor had been removed in its entirety. Dr. Stein the surgeon was able to take it out without having to cut into it at all. Victor was still open on the table at that time because they saw something in his heart that concerned them. Turned out that it was just a shadow of one of the areas of the heart. They also removed a lymph node that was huge.......we are waiting to hear back on whether or not that had cancerous cells in it.

Around 3:30pm I went upstairs to wait for the surgeon. I met with him and he was excited. He said the tumor was attached to the inside of the artery going to the heart. It had not reached the heart. He cut the artery where the tumor was attached and repaired it with a piece of the heart sack. The tumor was also attached to the abdominal wall so the surgeon had to remove part of the wall to take out the tumor. All in all it was a very successful surgery. The tumor never received any cuts or trauma so it had no chance of throwing out any pieces of itself during the surgery. Victor lost 2/3 of his liver. The remaining 1/3 is recovering slowly but it is functioning and looks like it will do just fine. During surgery he lost 6 pints of blood but we had plenty on hand.

In the ICU Victor kept running a fever and then his blood pressure was going nuts. He was semi sedated and on morphine and on a breathing tube. The 2nd day they were trying to wake him up but could not. The third day the same. They cut back his sedation and pain meds to see if he would wake up. The 3rd night they turned off the medications completely and still he did not come around at all. We had a CT scan done on his brain to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with it because of the surgery. Nothing showed up on the scan so we just waited. Since his liver is so small, they deduced that it was holding onto the medications and slowly getting rid of them so we cut all meds from that point on. Finally he was able to have the tube removed on Friday morning around 2am. Then he had some fluid in his lung that was blocking sounds from being heard by the nurses so he was off to get an xray to make sure he didn't have pneumonia or that the cancerous spot in his lung hadn't decided to go hog wild in there. None of those things happened. He was ok, just needed to cough so he could get the stuff out.

They cut from sternum to mid right below the belly button. We had the staples removed Wednesday the 28th and some sterile-strips put on to keep it closed. It is healing nicely. It is tough to move quickly for him but he is eating some food and is basically on Advil to control pain. He has pain meds but really they just put him to sleep so he likes the Advil better.

Anyway, we have a follow up appt in 2 weeks with the surgeon to see how he is healing and then August 24th we see the oncologist again to discuss what we are going to do next to keep my baby alive for many years to come. The word terminal is still the diagnosis but they way I look at it, AIDS patients are considered terminal........ if they continue to take medication for years, they can live nearly full lives......... I hope to find something to give my son the same thing.

Victor will officially be a little adult in 8 days........my how time flies!

Namaste and Blessed Be. I am so thankful for all of you.... I wouldn't be able to function without having each and every one of you in my life. Let us put forth the positive energy and thoughts to the universe that Victor does not grow another tumor on his tiny liver and that we can continue to keep this cancer from spreading through his body.

I will let you know more when I know.
    Yup, with donuts!!

What a good update! I am keeping positive thoughts for Victor and those of you surrounding him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This is the most amazing news! I gave my Mom Victor's name for her prayer group to ask for a miracle and will ask them to now focus on his continued health for years to come. Faith and the human spirit are powerful, powerful forces!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

buglover - thank you so much for sharing this good news today. I am so relieved for you and your son. It sounds like the best possible outcome. I commend Victor for making the choice to have the surgery. I have been doing Tonglen meditations for you both several times every day... breathing in your pain and anxiety, breathing out calmness and lovingkindness to you both from the Universe. I hoped it would keep you calm and steady.
    Count your blessings!

Thank you all! We are still looking to find out about the spots on other organs and see if they too need to be removed. His body has had enough poking around inside so if they aren't growing, I think we may wait for a bit before going in and taking some biopsies. (sp?)
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread