+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

It actually is!
    I'm feeling really relieved not to be searching for a place anymore. *knock on wood* I got some home/garden design magazines and have been looking on line. The possibilities are endless once you're sure you have a structurally sound base to work from. My problem may be to not go too "crazy lady" with gardening and home decorating. "Eclectic" only begins to describe my tastes.
    Count your blessings!

That's great news Gut!! I'm so glad you found your place. It looks great. Have fun decorating!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, I've just made an offer, so I need to slow down a little. Could be other people made offers when the price dropped, too, although the furnace issue seems like it would scare most people off.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3963393;
    Well, I've just made an offer, so I need to slow down a little. Could be other people made offers when the price dropped, too, although the furnace issue seems like it would scare most people off.
    Crossing our fingers for you! And something for his "vanity wall" is a great idea!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3963131;
    The lot that this home is located on, is it large enough to do an addition for the RETIREMENT HOME, so we can ALL digress together?

Can you imagine our conversations? They would ramble away from the original topic in no time.

Not only write him a nice Thank you note Gut, but make sure his boss knows as well how pleased you are.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm definitely going to do that.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Great news, Gut! Paul jumped my question about the retirement home!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Love the cottage Gut! My landscaping brain is full of ideas, lots of potential... You will have so much fun making it your own

How wonderfully exciting. Praying all goes well in the process. The house looks charming and I can see why you would give it that name.

The pellet stoves I've seen are electric, so not great in a power outage. MrCoz thinks there may be some that aren't electric, but we're not sure. Also, one family here that had a pellet stove didn't have enough pellets to last through the winter and then couldn't get them when they needed them due to the stores being sold out of pellets. They do heat very well from what I've seen.

After looking into a little, I've heard you can't burn wood in pellet stoves and that seems silly considering I'm going to be living on the edge of a very large wooded area. I've spent my life as a girl scout picking up kindling and most of my adult life heating with wood, so I think I want to stick with that. I'm also considering a wood cook stove for the room that's added on that looks like it may have been a porch at one point. It has a second wood stove hook-up (the main one is in the living room). I used to actually cook in a wood cook stove when I was married. We didn't have a regular stove/oven.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread