+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3960805;
    Gut, it's adorable. Love the name. It is SO you. And those glass door woodstoves are very nice. And they are much more efficient than a fireplace.
    We've already decided that if we live where there is a wood fireplace again, we'll convert to woodstove. We have a gas fireplace here. Haven't even used it even though it snowed the day we moved in.

But for you.

I knew the perfect place would be there waiting for you. The nature preserve and all! So very much you! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about you making it yours with gardening and decorating and such.
    I can only say DITTO. Now dear Gutmutter, you MUST add the movie to your collection if you already do not own it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3960619;
    Oh, yes. I guess I wasn't clear about that. The special mortgage is the cost of the house plus the cost of the furnace. I have heated with just wood before, but I wouldn't want to do it again.
    We used to have a wood stove, too. So much work! And not the best for air quality. Have you thought about a pellet stove? I know some people don't like them, but we have one with a glass window and so we get the flame effect like a fireplace. And the heat is very much like a wood stove type of heat. Where we live the pellets are very affordable and the 40 pound sacks are not too heavy to carry into the stove.

My realtor suggested a pellet stove. I'll have to look into that. By the way, I LOVE my realtor. How many people can say that? When I walked into the nearest one to where I was parked after going to the bank when I decided to buy instead of rent, this guy was there and recognized me right away from when we worked together 25 years ago when I was barely pregnant with my first child. His brother owned a restaurant where I was a waitress and their whole family worked there. He's been very kind and patient. When I ask a question, he THINKS a minute before he answers. Just not the used car salesman sort of realtor I had been working with before. I want to do something nice for him when this is all over. Any suggestions?
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3960959;
    My realtor suggested a pellet stove. I'll have to look into that. By the way, I LOVE my realtor. How many people can say that? When I walked into the nearest one to where I was parked after going to the bank when I decided to buy instead of rent, this guy was there and recognized me right away from when we worked together 25 years ago when I was barely pregnant with my first child. His brother owned a restaurant where I was a waitress and their whole family worked there. He's been very kind and patient. When I ask a question, he THINKS a minute before he answers. Just not the used car salesman sort of realtor I had been working with before. I want to do something nice for him when this is all over. Any suggestions?
    For starters go on your local electronic rating system that the young 'uns use when they are looking for a realtor for their first house, and rave about him! Talk him up to any friends who are moving or who might have friends who are moving! And tell him what you did....
    But I know what you mean, you want to give him something personal as well... A really nice engraved card case for his cards? A XXXtown's best realtor sticker for his car? A bumper sticker for YOUR car that says Joe Scmoo is XXXtown's best realtor? Something job related that came up in your discussions? A collapsible snow shovel because he told you about the time he got stuck in a snow bank trying to visit a house?
    Very nice to hear about someone doing doing their job so well!!

Great suggestions PWS! I'm so literal, though, I was trying to remember the story about getting stuck in the snow.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3960959;
    ...By the way, I LOVE my realtor. How many people can say that?...I want to do something nice for him when this is all over. Any suggestions?
    Are you the crafty one who does the homemade Valentines every year (or is that MRD)? I forget. If it *is* you, maybe a crafty, suitable-for-framing-and-hanging-on-the-vanity-wall-of-his-office, thank-you note? Homemade cookies are never wasted on men, either. (These are just little things, but maybe a tangible go-along for the other, bigger suggestions.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Gutmutter: haven't been following this thread much, but best wishes and happiness in your new home.

If you are in a reasonably sized community, perhaps a gift card to a local restaurant would be nice for your realtor.

Good luck to you in your new surroundings.

It is absolutely adorable, Gut. Congrats.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3962096;
    Are you the crafty one who does the homemade Valentines every year (or is that MRD)? I forget. If it *is* you, maybe a crafty, suitable-for-framing-and-hanging-on-the-vanity-wall-of-his-office, thank-you note? Homemade cookies are never wasted on men, either. (These are just little things, but maybe a tangible go-along for the other, bigger suggestions.)
    I am the crafty one who makes the home made valentines (MRD makes some mean ones herself )(well, not "mean" as in "go suck eggs valentine" ) and I love that idea. I always forget that other people are impressed with my ability to cut out pictures and glue them on a piece of paper... except for my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Amos. But then I digress (like Paul!!!!!! ). That would be the perfect project for today, in fact. Maybe include a gift card with it, in case he's not as easily impressed as Mrs. Amos.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3963119;
    I am the crafty one who makes the home made valentines (MRD makes some mean ones herself )(well, not "mean" as in "go suck eggs valentine" ) and I love that idea. I always forget that other people are impressed with my ability to cut out pictures and glue them on a piece of paper... except for my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Amos. But then I digress (like Paul!!!!!! ). That would be the perfect project for today, in fact. Maybe include a gift card with it, in case he's not as easily impressed as Mrs. Amos.
    The lot that this home is located on, is it large enough to do an addition for the RETIREMENT HOME, so we can ALL digress together?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread