+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree795Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I made an offer on a house!!!
    Wicked cheap because someone took out the furnace, so you have to get a special mortgage to get around the catch 22 of not being able to get a mortgage unless it has a furnace. Don't ask. It is small and sweet and abutts a nature preserve. I will plant hollyhocks all around and christen it "the enchanted cottage". Off to change my avatar so you can see.
    Count your blessings!

Wow, Gut, what great news!!
    From where I sit / live, that house looks absolutely enchanting, because it doesn't face onto a million others. I want to move in, too!!

Enjoy, and I hope the mortgage process goes well. You deserve it afte3r all you've been going through.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Congratulations Gut!!!! It looks adorable. Good luck on all the mortgage / paperwork process.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Gutmutter, you've taken quite a long path to this house. It does look charming! I hope all goes well in the coming weeks and months. Looks like you will be shopping for a furnace soon. Congratulations!

I love the avi Gut!!!! That's fantastic!!

Now I can take a 3-day weekend like everyone else. I wanted a fireplace, but it has a wood stove hook-up with red brick floor and wall place for it and I found lots of wood stoves online that have a glass side so you can watch the fire... and wood stoves provide much more heat than fireplaces. That will keep my oil costs down.
    Count your blessings!

That is good news Denimlady, and hopefully things will settle down. Gut, that looks great! Um, do you need a furnace? Living in Canada it's not even an option not to have one Hopefully, a new furnace won't set you back too much. I've actually been pricing them since the great freeze of '09 (referring to the few days of no heat in the canuck home). That house looks really adorable, and I know you'll love having your own space and being near nature.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Adorable, Gut! So the previous owners just used the woodstove? Or was the furnace taken out for some reason? I, too, wonder how cold it gets where you are! And if you can "wander" into the nature preserve and come out with some fallen wood? Or do you have to leave it to rot back to nature...and provide homes for critters that like rotting logs?
    I've several times, including currently, lived next to undeveloped woods--it's great, and in your case you can be sure it will always stay as woods. Lucky you!

Oh, yes. I guess I wasn't clear about that. The special mortgage is the cost of the house plus the cost of the furnace. I have heated with just wood before, but I wouldn't want to do it again.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut, it's adorable. Love the name. It is SO you. And those glass door woodstoves are very nice. And they are much more efficient than a fireplace.
    We've already decided that if we live where there is a wood fireplace again, we'll convert to woodstove. We have a gas fireplace here. Haven't even used it even though it snowed the day we moved in.

But for you.

I knew the perfect place would be there waiting for you. The nature preserve and all! So very much you! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about you making it yours with gardening and decorating and such.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread