+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1228Likes

Thread: Share your good news

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3947501;
    That is my problem. I am too giving, then I feel like I'm being taken for granted, then I'm not interested anymore.

The good news, is, I've come to the realization I'm happy being single. I've always been independant, I have no problem working hard inside and outside of the home, I was alone for a long time after my divorce years ago, so I'm not afraid....OMG I think we're having a tremor!!!
    See the troubles thread where someone else in Canada also felt it....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Back to good news...mrd, so pleased things are going well so far. You and Mr. mrd had been through so much ... I'm glad you seem to be making it through this as well. It sounds as if he was really depressed...meds can make a huge difference. Crossing my fingers for you all.

MRD

Nothing wrong with being independent. And in any relationship the balance changes over time, but I'm learning that you can get things back in balance.

He was really depressed and he's one of those guys who would never admit it because that's a weakness. After about 4-5 people told him it was a weakness not to admit it, he did something about it. And he's not happy about some of the side effects. But coming from someone who has taken about 10 different ones in almost 30 years, I told him that in most cases the side effects go away over time and if he can't live with the side effects, he can always try another one. You'd think watching me go though this for 21 years, he'd know, but NOOOOOO.

Anyway. I'm glad he's starting to feel better. I hated to see him that miserable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD My heart is with you through this
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3947639;
    Nothing wrong with being independent. And in any relationship the balance changes over time, but I'm learning that you can get things back in balance.

He was really depressed and he's one of those guys who would never admit it because that's a weakness. After about 4-5 people told him it was a weakness not to admit it, he did something about it. And he's not happy about some of the side effects. But coming from someone who has taken about 10 different ones in almost 30 years, I told him that in most cases the side effects go away over time and if he can't live with the side effects, he can always try another one. You'd think watching me go though this for 21 years, he'd know, but NOOOOOO.
    Anyway. I'm glad he's starting to feel better. I hated to see him that miserable.
    Ah, but you are a woman, and he's a MAAAANNN... entirely different you see!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3947871;
    Ah, but you are a woman, and he's a MAAAANNN... entirely different you see!
    You got that right!

Auryn is currently in 17th place in the photo contest!!
    My husband is so bouncy and nervous right now. It's so cute
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3947501;
    That is my problem. I am too giving, then I feel like I'm being taken for granted, then I'm not interested anymore.

The good news, is, I've come to the realization I'm happy being single. I've always been independant, I have no problem working hard inside and outside of the home, I was alone for a long time after my divorce years ago, so I'm not afraid....OMG I think we're having a tremor!!!
    Haha, your comment about being happy feeling independent and single reminds of myself about 32 years ago. I had just come to that important realization that I could take care of myself and be happy, too. And within a few months I met Mr. C. Just like that, I was no longer single. But this relationship has been much better than any in the past because of that realization. I haven't been afraid to let my husband take off and go surfing and other things he likes to do because I have that independent streak as well. I am thinking it is key in us staying together all these years.

I do have good news to share - I found out today that my job is intact for another year - it means a lot to me to return to my kids in the fall with enough hours to serve them in the library. I had to fight for our jobs; we worked out ways to save money in order to prevent deep cuts for many of us. I have been worrying about it for quite some time, but tried to stay calm. Hopefully all the details will get worked out in the coming weeks.

MRD

Cootie, that is good news. As someone looking for a job and having had NO luck so far, I know that is a relief for you.

And I can attest to what you are saying. I was fairly independent and actually didn't want to get married or have children. EVER when I met Mr. MRD 23 years ago. I think that because I was independent is what the attraction was initially for him. He'd had enough of dependent girlfriends.

PWS, Yep, that is true. It's because he's a "MANNNN!!!!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wal*Mart just finished a 7-week fundraiser for Childrens' Miracle Network. I was the top fundraiser for my store--I raised $1792 through the generosity of my customers. My total was more than the 2nd and 3rd place totals combined, and about 38% of the store's total. I feel pretty good about the good that I did.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread