+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Thank you Dag and Bunny! I wasn't told by the Competition people that he was in it till a full day after the other people so we have some catching up to do
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Newbie

i will have an opportunity to travel in china

abctalkout! Sounds exciting. Tell us more.
    Count your blessings!

ClosetNerd, I voted! What a cutie!

abctalkout, looking forward to hearing more about your trip to China.

MRD

Just an update:
    Things are going well with my husband and I. I've been home now a little over 2 weeks and that's the same amount of time we've been back together.
    I wouldn't say we are in a 2nd honeymoon. Too much happened to just sweep under the rug. We are working on things, together and separately. We have come a long way, but still have a way to go, but things are definetly better. His meds seem to be working and that has helped a lot. And I hope we've both learned to address problems as they happen and not let things slide until it gets bad.

But I wanted to just thank everyone for the tremendous support throughout this ordeal. Fort is such an amazing support system. I love you all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm glad to hear it mrd. Med's make a huge difference if taken on a regular basis. I give you alot of credit for trying to make it work. Relationship issues are not an easy thing to deal with, alot of people just give up and don't try. You never know if you don't try!

MRD

Well that was just it. I didn't want to have a 21 year marriage go down the drain without at least trying. He finally realized he didn't either.
    And we've got to rebuild a relationship. Different than the one we had. It's going to be work. But nothing worth having comes easy.

I still have some issues with trust and he's got some issues with with how I react to things. But we're working on it and the meds make it a lot easier.

Thanks for the update mrd. Leaving the relationship for a while has given you a fresh perspective. And it seems like you both are trying to make it work, which is a positive sign! I hope that job comes along for you soon, as a bit of income can't hurt.

I have been with Mr. C for over 30 years and I think that in long term relationships it is easy to take your spouse for granted. Your struggle reminds me to try harder to be considerate of my man and go out of my way to do things that are about him. We are definitely locked into a routine by now.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3947332;
    Thanks for the update mrd. Leaving the relationship for a while has given you a fresh perspective. And it seems like you both are trying to make it work, which is a positive sign! I hope that job comes along for you soon, as a bit of income can't hurt.

I have been with Mr. C for over 30 years and I think that in long term relationships it is easy to take your spouse for granted. Your struggle reminds me to try harder to be considerate of my man and go out of my way to do things that are about him. We are definitely locked into a routine by now.
    I can see a lot clearer many things now. I think this did give both of us fresh perspective. It's easy to get in a routine or rut and take each other for granted, especially when it has been a long relationship and other things start affecting each one individually. For both of us, we got so focused on school and work and finances that we were not focusing on each other.

And I always say good things come from bad, so if my problems have helped you in your marriage, then that is a good thing! Best of luck to you.

That is my problem. I am too giving, then I feel like I'm being taken for granted, then I'm not interested anymore.

The good news, is, I've come to the realization I'm happy being single. I've always been independant, I have no problem working hard inside and outside of the home, I was alone for a long time after my divorce years ago, so I'm not afraid....OMG I think we're having a tremor!!!

+ Reply to Thread