+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 831 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170570 ... LastLast
Like Tree681Likes

Thread: Share your good news

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    WoooooHoooo Gut!

That is great news. And hey -- you have the right to be vain. But I think you'll have a fun time changing up your hairstyle with different wigs and such.

I'm not sure if you've ever visited our Books forum, but there's tons of good information there.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Yay, Gutmutter! I'm so happy to hear this news. I second what everyone above has said--we're all here for you.

Isn't it wonderful how it's moved from "Talk About Your Troubles" to "Share Your Good News!"

Thanks Jewelsy. There's lots of good info there. I just thought if someone had a special favorite that really took you out of your head it would be nice to have a few recommendations.
    Count your blessings!

Hey Gut....relatively good news...yahoo!!! We're all here for you, and I will rack my brains for some good books. What genre do you like best? I read all the time, and also find books a great escape. I am glad that you don't have to undergo radical surgery...that's great. Hugs.

Glad to hear your news gutmutter!
    I just completed my first semester back at college and a summer course and have a 4.0 average. This is after being out for 14 years. So yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Hmmmm. Tell me more. Can anyone do this? Is it a special service? You would think someone as old and weathered as I, wouldn't be so vain.
    Sorry, that is all I know. You could try going to a high-end hairdresser and asking if it's possible. And you have every right to be vain.

Congrats Syd on your GPA!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Very cool, syd.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Gutmutter, That is good news. Kitty hugs and prayers do work. Keep the blue hair on and smile for another day!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh Gutmutter - see - the Power of Prayer truly does work!!!!!!! When my father in law went through chemo, he did not lose his hair. I guess that is pretty rare, but it happens. As far as the popsicles, keep pedialyte popsicles handy. They have electrolytes in them which help with the dehydration. (I hear they work wonders for hangovers as well, but I personally have not tried them for that.)
    I haven't had time to sit down and read a good book in sooooo long, that I am going to take special note of the recommendations made here.

And Syd good for you. It is NEVER too late to learn

Ana, do you mean make popsicles out of pedialyte, or do they make pops? Any idea what it tastes like? I like any well written fiction, but am not overly fond of suspense, or anything gorey.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread