+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

My gorgeous niece, one of the flower girls at my wedding, graduated high school yesterday. So grown up, so stunning in her simple classic gown, so full of promise and life and all things that are good. Three awards at the ceremony, and I was so teary and proud of her. Thinking ahead to my twins who will be graduating in another 7 years and then making their own way in the world. Where does the time go?

I'm happy and yet sad too, today.

Congrats to your son Veejer and to your niece sweetpea. My youngest graduates high school in two weeks. His awards have been of the athletic variety as school has never come easy for him and he had to endure the comments of many teachers unfairly comparing him to his older sister, to whom everything just seemed to come naturally. I'm so proud of his determination and can't wait to see the adult that he becomes.

Bunny - My son went through that too. His older sister was on the Honor Society, 3.8 GPA, Dean's List in college, etc. My son is very intelligent, but C average in school. Now, he's head of maintenance where he works, can fix literally anything, is the "fabricator" where he works and I'm completely amazed by the things that he has designed/built for the company. He has saved me thousands of dollars in repair bills by fixing my car, plumbing, electrical, and anything that may go wrong with my computer. I haven't found anything that he can't repair, and this is a man who didn't go to college. And he's a nice guy on top of everything else! I can't figure out why he isn't married and giving me grand-babies!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Congrats to your son Veejer, to your niece sweetpea and to your son, Bunny! You all have so many reasons to feel proud.

Thanks for sharing that Lil Bit! I hope my baby finds his niche in life. He is Mr. Personality and a charmer at heart.

MRD

Sweetpea, I had 2 flowergirls and both are now married and are mothers themselves. I am constantly amazed as I stil see them as the little girls they were.

Congrats to everyone's graduations.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3918439;
    Bunny - My son went through that too. His older sister was on the Honor Society, 3.8 GPA, Dean's List in college, etc. My son is very intelligent, but C average in school. Now, he's head of maintenance where he works, can fix literally anything, is the "fabricator" where he works and I'm completely amazed by the things that he has designed/built for the company. He has saved me thousands of dollars in repair bills by fixing my car, plumbing, electrical, and anything that may go wrong with my computer. I haven't found anything that he can't repair, and this is a man who didn't go to college. And he's a nice guy on top of everything else! I can't figure out why he isn't married and giving me grand-babies!
    Because we're happy being free, doing what we are doing. or simply he is not the marryin' kind.

Dean Martin : I'm Not The Marrying Kind Lyrics

I go my way alone free and easy like a rolling stone
    I am strictly on my own not the marrying kind
    I'm happy being free no girl gonna put her reins on me
    That's how it's gotta be I'm not the marrying kind
    I've been known to run a mile when they try to lead me down the aisle
    So if you want me to stay a while don't start changing my style
    It's always been my plan to stay single any way I can
    I'm just a happy man, I'm not the marrying kind
    I'm not the marrying kind
    It's always been my plan...
    Not the marrying kind I'm not the marrying kind
    (Not the marrying not the marrying not the marrying kind)
    Last edited by just1paul; 05-30-2010 at 07:39 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3918308;
    Congrats to your son Veejer and to your niece sweetpea. My youngest graduates high school in two weeks. His awards have been of the athletic variety as school has never come easy for him and he had to endure the comments of many teachers unfairly comparing him to his older sister, to whom everything just seemed to come naturally. I'm so proud of his determination and can't wait to see the adult that he becomes.
    Way to go [mod edit]! I had three sisters I was compared to, so I know how he felt. Congratulations on his awards! You must be beaming with pride.

Congrations to all in the Class of 2010 on a job well done.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-31-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

MRD

Well am headed back to SC soon. Hubby and I are going to give it one more try. We've been talking a lot on the phone and have reached the point where we need to talk face to face.

The job for me in Florida fell through as did the house. So am thinking that I was meant to head back to SC now and see if we can salvage this marriage. And now I can finish school which is what I REALLY wanted to do and was very upset that I was being put in a position where I couldn't do that. I think that we may still move back to Florida when I get out of school though.

But I swear that I need a score card to keep up with all the changes. One day I'm doing this and the next that.

But the two most important things for me right now are to try to save my marriage and to finish school.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd, that Florida trip has done you a world of good! It was good to step back from everything and relax, laugh and see things in a better perspective. Best wishes to you for a safe trip back to your home.

+ Reply to Thread