+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Seems to be looking that way.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3908479;
    The job is looking better and better. The friend that reccomended me just told me that the regional manager read my resume today (the ONLY one she has right now) and talked to the office manager and marketing guy, then my friend and they are all in agreement that I look good to them on paper, but they want to meet me and make sure I have a "good personality".
    AND they are opening a new branch in this town that they want me to run. Originally they were going to put me in the office in the next town over which would have been an hour round trip every day,
    I am SO excited. This is all coming together so easily. And it feels right.

So, I think I just moved back to Florida.
    I'm REALLY on board for this new development! It feels right, knowing all the particulars of the situation. Funny how we're running on parallel tracks here with new lives starting in old hometowns. I signed more papers yesterday and have been making marathon dump runs on Saturdays from 8-3. My daughter is home from college and handed down boxes from the attic this past week so I didn't have to go up and down the stairs with my bad knee. I have to be out June 15 which is the last day of school, and I have to make a NON-Saturday cargo van run to Ohio (3 days) between now and then. On one hand it's a little stressful, on the other hand it's a whole lot of fun imagining the possibilities with no concrete idea what I'll actually do when I get there. I could be a bank teller, a worker in a nursing home, pump gas, who knows? I'll be asking for prayers for the right job to find me when the time gets closer, but if anyone wants to start priming the pump now, I wouldn't object!

I'm happy for you MRD.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3908833;
    I could be a bank teller, a worker in a nursing home, pump gas, who knows?

You could become the Gomer Pyle of Ohio! SHAZAAM!

Depending how far away you are -you could go to the Dean Martin festival every June in Stuebenville. -
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3908835;
    Depending how far away you are -you could go to the Dean Martin festival every June in Stuebenville. -
    Holy Mackeral! Stuebenville is right next door! Sounds like an annual visit is in store! The door is always open gabriel.
    Count your blessings!

I'm so glad things are turning around a little for you MRD. I think it's probably Waldo's influence as your new guardian angel, too. It really does my heart good to hear you being more positive. I was a tad bit worried about you, but it sounds like you have the best friends a person could ask for there in Florida and I know they will help you get through any road bumps that are ahead of you. As for the job, if all they have left to make a decision is to make sure you have a "good personality" then you're a shoe in!! Good luck girl. You know I'm pulling for you!

Gutmutter - What an adventure you are embarking on. Good luck to you also with the job hunt. I'm sure something will turn up for you. I'll get an early start on those prayers.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

How wonderful for Gut and MRD!

MRD

Gut, I am positive that things will fall into place for you as they have for me.

I am excited about my new prospects, but dreading the return to get my stuff and make the move. I am looking forward to going to get Rosie and Bogie. Poor Bogie, no more snow for him to play in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm so happy to hear the changes are going well, mrd and Gut. I feel the excitment just by reading your posts! A change does wonders for the mind body and soul.

I went to get my hair trimmed a couple of weeks ago, and decided at the last minute to cut it from shoulder length to short behind my ears look. I too was looking for a change! We need it in our lives!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3908987;
    Gut, I am positive that things will fall into place for you as they have for me.

I am excited about my new prospects, but dreading the return to get my stuff and make the move. I am looking forward to going to get Rosie and Bogie. Poor Bogie, no more snow for him to play in.
    The beauty of dogs is that he'll just be happy to be with you. I hope the new job works out and that you'll be able to embrace your new/old life in Florida.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3908833;
    On one hand it's a little stressful, on the other hand it's a whole lot of fun imagining the possibilities with no concrete idea what I'll actually do when I get there. I could be a bank teller, a worker in a nursing home, pump gas, who knows?
    Didn't you say you used to be a server back in the day? We have a restaurant in Zanesville.

+ Reply to Thread