+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3905821;
    Thanks all.
    Well I tolerated heat and hurricanes for 44 years. I never ever thought I would even want to move back, but being back here and having my family and my old friends has meant a lot. And if the job comes through it would be more money than I've ever made. It would be more money than I could make in a museum AFTER getting my BA degree. I just really feel now like I need to come "home". I've got more here than I do up there. I love SC, I love the seasons, but right now I think that having the people in my life that i have here means more than living in a nice area and no support.

And things are just falling together like they've never done before. I still miss Waldo terribly, but I think maybe he was supposed to go when he did. I could have never driven the 13 hours with him back here and finding a place to rent with 2 small dogs is going to be easier than with 3 dogs, one of which was large.

Things happen for a reason and things have been happening here that are just really pointing me to stay.

Oh and the job thing, I wasn't looking, it has fallen in my lap.
    MRD,

Very glad to hear how well things are going for you now.
    I just know that Waldo is smiling down on you from above.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks all.
    Well I tolerated heat and hurricanes for 44 years. I never ever thought I would even want to move back, but being back here and having my family and my old friends has meant a lot. And if the job comes through it would be more money than I've ever made. It would be more money than I could make in a museum AFTER getting my BA degree. I just really feel now like I need to come "home". I've got more here than I do up there. I love SC, I love the seasons, but right now I think that having the people in my life that i have here means more than living in a nice area and no support.

And things are just falling together like they've never done before. I still miss Waldo terribly, but I think maybe he was supposed to go when he did. I could have never driven the 13 hours with him back here and finding a place to rent with 2 small dogs is going to be easier than with 3 dogs, one of which was large.

Things happen for a reason and things have been happening here that are just really pointing me to stay.

Myrosiedog,

I read and re read your post and it just feels like something is so right with your world. Waldo will always be missed terribly, but will always always be a part of your heart. I know, believe me I know. You do what you need to for you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks all.

MRD, I'm happy to hear that things are looking up. I think that Waldo was meant to be your guardian angel.

MRD

Thanks all. The job, I Have not gotten yet, but they are definetly interested just based on a reccomendation from one of their employees who is a friend of mine.
    We shall see though.
    Today have some mixed emotions about it all. Exciting, but sad too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Of course... new beginnings by definition imply the old endings. Center yourself. I think that's going to be easier to do where you are now. Then try to be clear about your intentions and let the universe flow. This would be an excellent time to do some Tonglen for those in need. Breathe in their pain and fear and let it flow out of you, breathe out lovingkindness and let it resonate through you. Breathe in, breathe out. Sometimes it only takes a minute or two.
    Count your blessings!

MRD, this is so exciting for you! It goes to prove to you that you are one valuable human being! You bring joy to so many people, even in your sorrows. Waldo, I'm sure, is sure wagging his tail. I don't think it truly matters where you end up as long as you keep believing in yourself! I'm thankful that you were able to take this trip-it was truly meant to be!!!!

MRD, home is where your heart is; I think you are at home.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3906410;
    Of course... new beginnings by definition imply the old endings. Center yourself. I think that's going to be easier to do where you are now. Then try to be clear about your intentions and let the universe flow. This would be an excellent time to do some Tonglen for those in need. Breathe in their pain and fear and let it flow out of you, breathe out lovingkindness and let it resonate through you. Breathe in, breathe out. Sometimes it only takes a minute or two.
    I love this! I never heard of Tonglen before, just looked it up on Wikipedia, thanks for sharing Gut!

mrd I believe there is no such thing as coincidences. All the turmoil in your life the last several months, was important for you to feel and go through as tough as it was, in order for you to welcome the changes brought to you now. You have all the time in the world to make decisions, and the best part of it all, is you are surrounded by friends/family that can help you if you need it! I was so excited to hear of all the opportunites coming your way!

MRD

The job is looking better and better. The friend that reccomended me just told me that the regional manager read my resume today (the ONLY one she has right now) and talked to the office manager and marketing guy, then my friend and they are all in agreement that I look good to them on paper, but they want to meet me and make sure I have a "good personality".
    AND they are opening a new branch in this town that they want me to run. Originally they were going to put me in the office in the next town over which would have been an hour round trip every day,
    I am SO excited. This is all coming together so easily. And it feels right.

So, I think I just moved back to Florida.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congrats MRD. Some things are meant to be.

+ Reply to Thread