+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3869820;
    Me neither: on the news stations, the Cal Tech person was saying that there's a good chance of a related triggered quake in the neighborhood of 6.0 sometime during the week (who knows where/when? ), as well as the usual aftershocks of various magnitudes -- which have been rattling our flimsy apartment windows every now and then. Oh, those little reminders that, yes Toto, we're still in California!
    I have a tendency to live in my own little cocoon , and now since I have been on this board and read your post from all across the country, I have expanded my views and when something like this happens , I wonder if any of you were effected and hope that if you were, you are all okay.

Well, so far no 6.0. But yesterday morning we had a 4.5 aftershock, followed an hour later by a 5.5.

Luckily, no damage here -- just rattled nerves!
    (Not so lucky for Calexico's older buildings, and Mexicali with crappy building standards.)
    On the news today, they were saying that because the distance from the epicenter of Sunday's 7.2, and subsequent aftershocks and trigger quakes, is fewer than 100 miles and that there was no real damage, the rates for our homeowners' and rental earthquake insurance will go down, because now there's hard evidence that the risk is less than it was originally thought to be.
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-09-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3873968;
    Well, so far no 6.0. But yesterday morning we had a 4.5 aftershock, followed an hour later by a 5.5.

Luckily, no damage here -- just rattled nerves!
    (Not so lucky for Calexico's older buildings, and Mexicali with crappy building standards.)
    On the news today, they were saying that because the distance from the epicenter of Sunday's 7.2, and subsequent aftershocks and trigger quakes, is fewer than 100 miles and that there was no real damage, the rates for our homeowners' and rental earthquake insurance will go down, because now there's hard evidence that the risk is less than it was originally thought to be.

That part is good news if it comes to pass. I hope it does in your case. That you get a reduction in rates, that is.
    I've always had homeowner's, but not the earthquake portion from CEA. Way too expensive and the deductible one has to pay before you can realize any benefits is too exhorbitant.

Glad you're OK. We are, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3874060;
    That part is good news if it comes to pass. I hope it does in your case. That you get a reduction in rates, that is.
    I've always had homeowner's, but not the earthquake portion from CEA. Way too expensive and the deductible one has to pay before you can realize any benefits is too exhorbitant.

Glad you're OK. We are, too.
    We rent an apartment and haven't been able to afford the earthquake rider. But here, I think, overall there are more problems from fires than anything else.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Glad you are ok except for the rattled nerves and china.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

This week, I entered a crocheted afghan for judging at the Maricopa County Fair. I've never done it before, and was nervous about putting my work up for judging.

I came in THIRD PLACE!!! I'm so excited! It's not like coming in third for the Amazing Race or Survivor, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. It's given me the confidence to enter a different afghan in the Arizona State Fair in October.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AZC-that's fantastic! Can you post a picture?

Fantastic news here... my culinary daughter got a summer internship at a fancy French restaurant on Nantucket with room and board included. My pilot daughter just got reassigned to fly out of the Nantucket base. So they'll be together a lot this summer. Then my culinary daughter goes for a semester in Italy. They are really having a great time of it!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Great news, Gutmutter. How nice that your girls will be able to spend some time together. Is it very far from you? I hope not.

It's not far from me now, but I'm spending the summer (at least) in Ohio.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread