+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

See that young lady just to the left, beside Rafiki? Well, that's my daughter Jessie, about 7 years ago. She is now almost 22, will graduate from University of Georgia in May with a degree in Biology and the good news is that she is getting married two weeks after graduation to her very own rocket scientist! (Her fiance is graduating from Georgia Tech with a degree in aerospace engineering) Can you tell I am very, very proud???
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Congratulations. You lost out Rafiki!
    Count your blessings!

Congrats and best wishes to your daughter, ElizabethG!

You have every right to be proud.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Sad to see no-one has posted any good news on here in days!!

I'll just say in my neck of the woods are so glad to see Spring finally arrive. It has been a most nasty winter, and we are especially appreciative of the budding flowers and trees this spring.

Spent yesterday in Washington, DC and it was nice to see so many families enjoying the Nation's capital.

Got home about five minutes after a 7.2 earthquake. We were driving home when the quake hit, so we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. When we got home, we suspected that there had been a quake, because a few paperbacks had fallen off the shelf, the pictures on the walls were crooked, the little door on our spice rack was open, and a kitchen-cupboard door was ajar. And the hanging fruit basket was still swaying a little. I did, however, feel a few aftershocks -- so I'm glad I wasn't in my 2nd-floor apartment during the initial event!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen,

I was on the road and didn't feel it at all.
    Luckily no damage...
    I don't think that's the end of it, though...
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3869816;
    I don't think that's the end of it, though...
    Me neither: on the news stations, the Cal Tech person was saying that there's a good chance of a related triggered quake in the neighborhood of 6.0 sometime during the week (who knows where/when? ), as well as the usual aftershocks of various magnitudes -- which have been rattling our flimsy apartment windows every now and then. Oh, those little reminders that, yes Toto, we're still in California!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Glad you're fine after the quake!

I just got back from a 2300 mile road trip. Back to the job grind, but w/better spirits! Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and N Carolina were gorgeous! I discovered that I can drive for long distances!

Hope you rub off on me, famita - I have at least 3 12-hour drives to Ohio and back in the next few months. I've discovered that audio books make all the difference. I recently drove 6 hours to my daughter's school and didn't want the drive to end because I was at an exciting point of the book!
    When I went to college in AZ, my geology prof. said the big quake in CA was a matter of when not if. Hope these "smaller" quakes don't set off the big one! Glad you're all safe.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread