+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 829 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167567 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

We don't have a Lowe's here.. only Orchard Supply (OSH).
    The whole thing is enclosed with a 'netting'.. so having a vine grow up it wouldn't be good. Inside, there are two shelves that Zaaam put some cute plants on. I'm just SOoo excited. Now we are looking for some nice 'flooring' and I have to set up the ping pong table and dart board!!
    The chores never end...
    But at least the biggy chore is outta the way.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Nope, nix the vine. I like the netting idea. How big is the gazebo? Have you considered those pavers that come in one foot squares? We put those in our arbor. Actually I think ours are more like 12"by 18". The have a brick pattern scribed into them.

We have a 12 x 12 cement area in the back.. The gazebo is 11.7 x 11.7! I saw the measurements and about crapped!
    I don't know what you mean by "pavers"?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

For the last week-and-a-half we have been living under the black cloud of the possibility that Mr. C would be laid off today. His company has gone from over 30,000 employees down to about 6,000 in the past couple of years, and he has always survived. This was the first time since he's been with them (about 18 years) that he felt he was in danger - simply because they weren't doing the layoff's based on appraisals like they always have (and his appraisals are always way up there), but rather they were cutting whole departments and higher salaries.

The GOOD NEWS is that he was safe today. YEA! But, that good news is tempered with the fact that whenever they all go back to the chopping block - whether that's in one week or six months - his department is right at the top of the list to go.

But, for today, we rejoice! He has also already put his resume out in a number of places, and will be sending more out this week. Although he loves what he does, living with uncertainty all the time is emotionally exhausting, and he is ready to move on.

But again, today we celebrate!!!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    For the last week-and-a-half we have been living under the black cloud of the possibility that Mr. C would be laid off today. His company has gone from over 30,000 employees down to about 6,000 in the past couple of years, and he has always survived. This was the first time since he's been with them (about 18 years) that he felt he was in danger - simply because they weren't doing the layoff's based on appraisals like they always have (and his appraisals are always way up there), but rather they were cutting whole departments and higher salaries.

The GOOD NEWS is that he was safe today. YEA! But, that good news is tempered with the fact that whenever they all go back to the chopping block - whether that's in one week or six months - his department is right at the top of the list to go.

But, for today, we rejoice! He has also already put his resume out in a number of places, and will be sending more out this week. Although he loves what he does, living with uncertainty all the time is emotionally exhausting, and he is ready to move on.

But again, today we celebrate!!!
    Congrats! It'll give him just enough time to start looking for a new job

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    That's awesome news chrelsey. Hopefully, he will find a different job where he can relax and not worry about lay offs
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    We have a 12 x 12 cement area in the back.. The gazebo is 11.7 x 11.7! I saw the measurements and about crapped!
    I don't know what you mean by "pavers"?
    If you already have the concrete slab, you probably don't want pavers. They are about 1 1/2 to 2" thick blocks of concrete that make a good, easy to install floor. You can just use sand to level up the ground and then lay the pavers. If one is too low, you just take it up, add some sand underneath and re lay it. Too high, take some sand away. You get the picture I'm sure. It sort of gives the appearence of a brick floor or some can look sort of like a tile floor. As I said, we used the brick ones in our arbor.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    I know it's rather minuit compared to everyone else's good news, but I got a new pair of heels yesterday and I'm wearing them right now and I feel like a million bucks!!!
    I lurve new shoes. Especially when you find that one pair that makes you feel like a million bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I lurve new shoes. Especially when you find that one pair that makes you feel like a million bucks.
    Oh yes... they're pink Mary Jane Manolo's

EDIT: I'll attach a picture of them..

Last edited by Callie; 06-08-2005 at 06:08 PM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    Oh yes... they're pink Mary Jane Manolo's

EDIT: I'll attach a picture of them..
    I actually have goosebumps. May I have a pair in every color?

+ Reply to Thread