+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

I use one of the travel sites to book hotel rooms. I want a clean comfortable room at cheap prices, because on vacation, I am only in the room to shower and sleep. So would NOT pay $400 a night for a room. I also don't want to go Motel 6 either.
    On a recent trip to Alabama, I got Marriott Courtyard for $45 a night.
    Personally, I don't give a rat's patootie about staying in the "right" hotels. I go to have fun, see and do what I want to do.
    If anyone has a problem with my vacation plans, then they can gladly contribute to paying for it so that it comes up to their standards.

I used to host workshops that I charged a fee for. I had one client that came to every workshop, but complained bitterly about the $15 fee.
    She was a real estate agent. Finally I told her: "I'd like you to sell my house." She got ALL excited and started to give me her standard spiel. I interuppted her and said: "but I don't want to pay your commission for it." She stopped dead in her tracks and said: "but that's how I make a living".
    BINGO. She never brought up the fee for the workshop again.

Sometimes you have to get to people in ways THEY understand it to shut them up.

Sweetpea, I'm sure you are going to have a great time and I too can't wait to see the photos.

I also like Ellen's suggestions. We've found some GREAT restaurants that way. That weren't expensive and had incredile food.

I also want to know if it's true that McDonald's in Hawaii have McSpam sandwiches. Hawaii is the largest consumer of spam and have elevated it to high cuisine. They also have Spam sushi there. But it was the McDonald's (and Burger King) thing I heard that had me laughing so hard. So see if you can get a photo of the McDonald's menu for me, Ok?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=myrosiedog;3781466...... ..............I also want to know if it's true that McDonald's in Hawaii have McSpam sandwiches. Hawaii is the largest consumer of spam and have elevated it to high cuisine. They also have Spam sushi there. But it was the McDonald's (and Burger King) thing I heard that had me laughing so hard. So see if you can get a photo of the McDonald's menu for me, Ok? [/QUOTE]

MRD -- You sound like my kind of traveler. I want a clean room and bathroom and a comfortable bed. And that's it. Don't want to spend more than $120 a night for a room.....anywhere!!

As for McSpam sandwichws, apparently it is true. If you google "McSpam sandwiches" you will get two hits. The articles are fairly old, so who knows if they still have it. I have a friend in HI; I can ask, or maybe somebody on this board knows.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3780382;
    Save it to pay your taxes!! I heard from a Bach Board buddy that your dear governor is going to raise taxes. I wonder if she thinks she can collect it from the unemployed auto workers.

Don't know what part of MI you're from. My son just moved from Northville after spending 11 years in MI (moved to PA). Glad he's closer to us now.
    I'll be in Minnesota in a couple months, so the tax raise won't affect me. We're not paying taxes on our unemployment, so we're gonna get hit in April with that, however.

From the Downriver area - Wyandotte, south of Detroit on the river. My family is all here in this area so we'll be missing them greatly.

Love Northville. Rebecca's restaurant and the shops are a sisterly tradition a couple times a year, not to mention Parminter's!

Here's someone having spam at McDonald's.

YouTube - McSpam

Also Weird Food McDonald's Sells Around The World

In order to make this on topic the good news is I've never eaten any of this crap.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3781802;
    Here's someone having spam at McDonald's.

YouTube - McSpam

Also Weird Food McDonald's Sells Around The World

In order to make this on topic the good news is I've never eaten any of this crap.
    THanks Unk. That you haven't eaten that stuff is good news indeed.

Loved the weird food link - thanks!
    Count your blessings!

I like that site too--some of the weird food things seem to be just trying to make us sick but this was entertaining. Ok,the description of the mcSpaghetti was pretty revolting, but nothing I can't get out of my mind before too long.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3781980;
    I like that site too--some of the weird food things seem to be just trying to make us sick but this was entertaining. Ok,the description of the mcSpaghetti was pretty revolting, but nothing I can't get out of my mind before too long.
    My husband made a spaghetti sandwich not long ago. Wish I could get the picture of it out of my mind. Leftover spaghetti warmed up and slapped between 2 pieces of bread. EWWW

Not on a low-carb diet, huh? I've been craving spaghetti so I'm having a mammoth bowl right now. Not appropriate serving size at all. I'll have to go out and shovel later to work it all off. I hate 3-day snow storms.
    Count your blessings!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3781983;
    My husband made a spaghetti sandwich not long ago. Wish I could get the picture of it out of my mind. Leftover spaghetti warmed up and slapped between 2 pieces of bread. EWWW
    My husband would probably go this far if I let him.

He's gotten better. For for a while, he would bring out the loaf of white bread & tub of spread with EVERY meal. Every bite of food would be placed on bread and eaten like an open-faced sandwich.

It got to a point where I had to start declaring special meals I cooked as "bread-free". To see my chicken picatta eaten on white bread made me want to scream.

As I said, he's gotten better. But he still eats his spaghetti forkful by forkful on his garlic bread.

+ Reply to Thread