+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

Livin -- I don't know you, but I just read your message, and indeed this is a fantastic accomplishment!! I wish I had your drive and willpower.

My husband is diabetic, type II, and he is happy to have his A1C at 6.1. When he was diagnosed 14 years ago, it was 17!! He lost 70 lbs. and kept it all off. Still needs to lose weight in my opinion, but it won't happen. Being on cholesterol meds lowered his total to 110!! He was on meds the first year and then went 13 years controlled by diet alone.

I congratulate you again, and wish you remain in the best of health!!

I loved your post, livin. Goes to show what intention and will power combined can accomplish. Now where did I put that will power?
    Count your blessings!

Thanks everyone. I am pretty proud of myself.

Your DH is an inspiration to me Columbia, MD. I hope I can stay off meds for such a long time. I have a lot to learn but am finally on the road to taking care of myself.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Great news Livin. That's the best Christmas present ever, isn't it. Congratulations!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3772974;
    Thanks everyone. I am pretty proud of myself.

Your DH is an inspiration to me Columbia, MD. I hope I can stay off meds for such a long time. I have a lot to learn but am finally on the road to taking care of myself.
    Livin -- I think one of the important things is to try and find a support group for people with diabetes. A lot of ideas and experiences are shared. The one my DH used to go to always had a different doctor as guest speaker each month who would talk about various aspects of the disease, progress in research, complications and how to avoid them, etc. DH also was on a diabetes board on the internet for a long time where he got a lot of ideas. Just our experience....

As he got older the diabetes was harder to control, and now he is on Metformin 1 pill twice a day, as well as Metanx to help with the neuropathy in his feet. As you know, it is a progressive disease, and strict BG control is the best thing you can do for yourself. Good luck!!

Fantastic news Livin!!!! You should be so proud of yourself, not only for yourself, but the inspiration to your DH, daughter and the dogs!!

The Olympic torch will be coming by our office in a couple of hours!!! We have flags everywhere, coffee and hot chocolate, and we all are wearing red. Some of us have the Olympic mitts too! Its very exciting energy right now

That's great GuardianAngel! It will pass though our town closer to the start date. I know the kids will all be able to get off school to see it run by. I'm excited! Wish we could see some of the events, and we do have friends we could stay with if we went down for the games, but I know it will be a zoo, and there are no tickets to be had anyway so we'll just enjoy it from the couch. We're all speculating on who will light the final torch.

I finally got registered for school--it was very late, so I'm relieved to get in this quarter. I did end up having to take remedial Algebra, though, lots of it. Drat. I'm going to gho ahead and take the "everyone must havw" computer course this time and Psychology as well. Why Vet Techs need psychology and Chemistry, but not Biology II, is a head scratcher for me. Anyway, I'll probably get stuck having to wait till fall 2011 to take the veterinary courses, so I might just get a certificate in something else while I wait; I have very little other than the math and sciences to do-over since I've been out of school forever, certainly not a year's worth of anything besides the math, which is 3-4 classes I have to take one at a time before the one that counts .
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Livin, you should be proud of yourself. That is an amazing amount of progress in a short amount of time. Keep up the excellent work!

thank you...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread