+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

  1. #6561
    everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,609

    Re: Share your good news

    Gosh, thanks GuardianAngel! It that were the case, I would increase my level of participation for sure.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

  2. #6562
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Share your good news

    My good news is we finally booked a real spring break holiday, on an airplane and everything just me, Mr. Sweetpea and the twins. Every other vacation we've had has involved extended family of some kind, Grandmas and Grandpas, cousins, or Sister-in-law, or even all of them. Finally, finally, we can do whatever *we* want to do, when we want to do it, and we won't have to worry about making someone else happy at the same time. We are flying from BC to Waikiki for one glorious week in March and are staying right on the beach. I've never been to Hawaii so I'm super excited!

  3. #6563
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Share your good news

    Good for you Sweetpea. That sounds like so much fun.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #6564
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3770490;
    My good news is we finally booked a real spring break holiday, on an airplane and everything just me, Mr. Sweetpea and the twins. Every other vacation we've had has involved extended family of some kind, Grandmas and Grandpas, cousins, or Sister-in-law, or even all of them. Finally, finally, we can do whatever *we* want to do, when we want to do it, and we won't have to worry about making someone else happy at the same time. We are flying from BC to Waikiki for one glorious week in March and are staying right on the beach. I've never been to Hawaii so I'm super excited!
    Ahh, you just made me sigh, on this -7C morning.That sounds like its going to be a fabulous week away with just your family!!

    It will give you time to enjoy your vacation with no interruptions from other family memebers, you'll be completely relaxed and will love it!

    I'm a firm believer in doing what you want to do, and not always what makes others happy. (That sort of started when I turned 50! )

  5. #6565
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3771046;
    Ahh, you just made me sigh, on this -7C morning.That sounds like its going to be a fabulous week away with just your family!!

    It will give you time to enjoy your vacation with no interruptions from other family memebers, you'll be completely relaxed and will love it!

    I'm a firm believer in doing what you want to do, and not always what makes others happy. (That sort of started when I turned 50! )
    I agree with you. A particular Disneyland trip comes to mind where we spent more time trying to figure out what everyone was doing, and where we would meet, and where to eat, than we did just going for it. This way, we're on our own and we can do whatever we want. I'm very happy it's just us, and my girls are thrilled. That Disney trip involved, at one point, us wanting to shop and everyone else wanting to go on the last day. Didn't leave a very happy last memory of being there. Now we're just across the street from the International market so the girls and I can browse to our heart's content when we need a little shopping fix!

  6. #6566
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: Share your good news

    Whee!!! My hairstylist just called and asked if I would be his hair model for a class (on the bob -- my 'do!) he's teaching next week. And he called just when I was looking at the calendar and thinking about scheduling an appointment!
    [cue theme from "Twilight Zone"]
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  7. #6567
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3771569;
    Whee!!! My hairstylist just called and asked if I would be his hair model for a class (on the bob -- my 'do!) he's teaching next week. And he called just when I was looking at the calendar and thinking about scheduling an appointment!
    [cue theme from "Twilight Zone"]
    That's great! I have an appt tomorrow morning, and it's a good thing as I was about to take the scissors to it myself!

  8. #6568
    FORT Fogey livin4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence KS
    Posts
    2,586

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3771611;
    That's great! I have an appt tomorrow morning, and it's a good thing as I was about to take the scissors to it myself!
    I've been known to do that! Curly hair hides LOTS of "mistakes"


    Since 9/15 I've turned over a new leaf. Doc told me my a1c was 5.9. Basically I was tettering on the edge of being a diabetic. So I completely changed my food and started excercising. These are my 3 month results:

    Lost 30lbs!
    My dogs have lost weight!
    My daughter lost 5lbs!
    My DH has lost 15lbs!

    My blood work is back:
    This a1c was 4.7~ (normal)~!!!!!!!!!!!

    cholesterol went from 200 to 163

    triglycerides 179! to 102

    ldl 123 to 98

    hdl 45 to 43
    ldl/hdl ratio 2.81 to 2.25

    I went low carb (120 per day) ate lots of walnuts, almonds, veggies, steel cut oats. Completely cut out sugar, flour, and any carb not whole grain. I feel like I'm 30 again! No more strange aches and pains, lots of energy, able to tolerate stress easier, and on and on. I'm a happy woman this Christmas.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

    Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

  9. #6569
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Share your good news

    Wow!! Living4Reality that's really terrific! You should be so proud of yourself...

  10. #6570
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: Share your good news

    That's fantastic livin! Feeling good should never be taken for granted and You certainly have good reason to be proud.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.