+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Wow! That's really inspiring. I'm not giving up.
    Count your blessings!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Thanks, rgw!

That's the spirit, Gutmutter. It can and will happen.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Congratulations lopevian. That's awesome!! You really seem to have the right attitude about making lasting changes in your life. Good for you!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3767415;
    Thanks, norealityhere!

Gutmutter, something will work. Keep pluggin'! I'm in your corner, I'm here for you.

before and after of this big loser

Attachment 26325 Attachment 26324
    Pretty before and after, my friend but I'm so glad that the weight loss has brought you so much pride. You deserve that.

Thanks Lil Bit & Bunny! I am proud of what I've accomplished. ~ Another statistic I ignored was that it is harder to drop pounds when you're older. I'm 53 years old, and my age had no negative impact on my objective. It's never too late to drop the weight. No one need feel that being an overweight individual is just who they are. We are whoever we want to be, and the ability to make it happen lies within each of us. If you don't think it's inside you, trust me, it is. Call it up, shout at it if you have to. You'll come to realize that what's inside you...determination, discipline, preserverence, patience...their sole purpose for residing within you is to help you. The part of me that just wasn't working for me stepped aside, allowing room for what I needed to sow, allowing room for a better way to take root. Determination was the plow, discipline was the seed, preserverence was the water, and patience was the soil. Believe in yourself. Believe you can do it, because it's true, you can.

Wow, good job, lopevian. Losing the weight is great, but keeping it off is really awesome!

Thanks, burnette trixie!

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3767653;
    Thanks Lil Bit & Bunny! I am proud of what I've accomplished. ~ Another statistic I ignored was that it is harder to drop pounds when you're older. I'm 53 years old, and my age had no negative impact on my objective. It's never too late to drop the weight. No one need feel that being an overweight individual is just who they are. We are whoever we want to be, and the ability to make it happen lies within each of us. If you don't think it's inside you, trust me, it is. Call it up, shout at it if you have to. You'll come to realize that what's inside you...determination, discipline, preserverence, patience...their sole purpose for residing within you is to help you. The part of me that just wasn't working for me stepped aside, allowing room for what I needed to sow, allowing room for a better way to take root. Determination was the plow, discipline was the seed, preserverence was the water, and patience was the soil. Believe in yourself. Believe you can do it, because it's true, you can.
    You are an inspiration. I am up over 20 pounds from my "normal" weight and those pounds are tough to lose at the age of 56. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose over 100! But I know it must feel very powerful. I think for many of us who have wrestled with sickness and loss in our families, that there are many things we can do to feel better. Taking care of ourselves is a priority. Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom.

Thanks, Cootie! For me,inspiring someone to drop the weight feels even better than the weight loss itself.

Holy Cow!!! What an inspiration lopevian!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. Now everytime someone sees your username, they will continue to be inspired by your success!

+ Reply to Thread