+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Congrats on the new job Trista.

What wonderful news Spoose! A new baby is always such a happy time. Love the name too!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Spoose, congrats and what wonderful neigbors they have to help him out like that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Milestone! in my writing life as I competed in the NanoWrimo.org contest, and for the first time in six years COMPLETED the challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days! I am still floating on air with this accomplishment.

This is the second work in a fantasy genre series, and today I started a personal challenge to write and finish the third work. All three are in mostly free write form, though I am getting some editing help from my Study Group at WVU.com. After a three year dry spell, it is terrific to be back in writing mode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

What an amazing accomplishment - congratulations!

I love reading this thread. My good news comes from extended family: as of today my brother-in-law, who's been fighting his way back from a brain injury, has progressed in his recovery enough to be transferred from ICU to a rehabilitation hospital.
    remember to play

FORT Fogey

Arielflies -- congratulations! That is an outstanding accomplishment. I've always admired good writers. Maybe you'll be the next J. K. Rowling!

coltnlasma -- congratulations and best wishes on the steady and continued recovery of your brother in law.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

My good news is that I have maintained a 104 lb. weight loss for 16 months now. If anyone out there is planning a diet in the new year, go for it! Physically, you will feel so much better. What I'd like to share about my experience as a "Big Loser" goes out to all of you who cannot afford help. I couldn't afford a gym membership, Weight Watchers or any other weight loss program. I was on my own. All I had was me, and it turned out me was all I needed. Don't buy into the failure statistics of going it alone. Don't let that discourage you.

It's a worn out phrase, but truly, "if I can do it, anyone can do it". If you can afford help, that's wonderful! Avail yourself, it will be one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself.

The two words that helped me succeed were patience and discipline. It took years to accumulate the weight, stands to reason that it will take some time to remove it. Be patient, it'll come off. Discipline sounds awful, but it reaps wonders when applied. Discipline will become your friend, and your friend will be very good to you.

So go ahead and make that New Year's resolution! My best wishes for a "Big Loser" success story of your very own.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3767403;
    My good news is that I have maintained a 104 lb. weight loss for 16 months now. If anyone out there is planning a diet in the new year, go for it! Physically, you will feel so much better. What I'd like to share about my experience as a "Big Loser" goes out to all of you who cannot afford help. I couldn't afford a gym membership, Weight Watchers or any other weight loss program. I was on my own. All I had was me, and it turned out me was all I needed. Don't buy into the failure statistics of going it alone. Don't let that discourage you.

It's a worn out phrase, but truly, "if I can do it, anyone can do it". If you can afford help, that's wonderful! Avail yourself, it will be one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself.

The two words that helped me succeed were patience and discipline. It took years to accumulate the weight, stands to reason that it will take some time to remove it. Be patient, it'll come off. Discipline sounds awful, but it reaps wonders when applied. Discipline will become your friend, and your friend will be very good to you.

So go ahead and make that New Year's resolution! My best wishes for a "Big Loser" success story of your very own.
    WOW

I totally congratulate and salute you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I admire you lopevian. I've been struggling with weight for 23 years - since my first child was born. I work out, make "lifestyle changes" with my diet and still nothing seems to work.
    Count your blessings!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Thanks, norealityhere!

Gutmutter, something will work. Keep pluggin'! I'm in your corner, I'm here for you.

before and after of this big loser

Attachment 26325 Attachment 26324
    Last edited by lopevian; 02-17-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Good for you, Lopevian! Thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread