+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Heh. Turns out my back isn't totally "fixed" yet. However, it's obvious that the heating pad I have been using is helping - so more taking it easy and heating myself up is in order today.

Take care... I've heard those disposable heating pads (ThermaCare ?) are good if you find yourself needing to get out while still on the mend.

My good news is that, after a year and a half in this fixer-upper we bought, we are finally tearing out carpet in preparation for new flooring. Purely superficial, but it brings me joy.
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 10-26-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    remember to play

Good news today, and on Friday the 13th no less. My son had his final hearing this morning dealing with his visits and custody of his youngest daughter and other issues still remaining from their marriage. It went well, to say the least. He literally got everything he was asking for. The main stickler was that when his youngest was born, he and his ex were separated, but still married, and there was a question as to the child's paternity. His ex gave the baby her maiden name, which wasn't even her name at the time. After we had DNA tests done and proved that he was the father, he told his ex that he wanted the babies name changed so it would be the same as his and his older daughter. She refused. But now we have a court order saying that her name will be changed to that of her fathers. The holiday visitations are set in stone now, so they can't screw us out of any more Christmas's like they try to do every year. I'm so glad this is all over finally. I'm hoping that now they can try to put some of the hurt behind them and get along for the sake of their little girls.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yea! Glad it went so well.
    Count your blessings!

Lil Bit,
    Your son and your family have sure gone through a lot. It is nice to see things finally working out for him and you.
    This may be your best Christmas ever!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

That's great news Lil Bit
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wonderful news for your family, Lilbit! I'm so happy for your son and grandbabies.

Lil Bit: glad to hear things are finally straightening around. I know you have had quite a struggle to see your granddaughter.

My good news: I am flying to San Francisco tomorrow to meet my husband who has been away for a week, and am staying until Tuesday. I haven't been there in 30 years, but I just have such wonderful memories of that city. Love it, love it, love it. I'm going to try to do some Christmas shopping, and am giddily excited about stepping into a Nordstrum's and Macy's for the first time, as well as touring the city.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3753366;
    Lil Bit: glad to hear things are finally straightening around. I know you have had quite a struggle to see your granddaughter.

My good news: I am flying to San Francisco tomorrow to meet my husband who has been away for a week, and am staying until Tuesday. I haven't been there in 30 years, but I just have such wonderful memories of that city. Love it, love it, love it. I'm going to try to do some Christmas shopping, and am giddily excited about stepping into a Nordstrum's and Macy's for the first time, as well as touring the city.
    Have a wonderful time canuckie! San Francisco is such a fun city. Make sure to have some seafood and don't forget to hit Neiman Marcus.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD

Canuck, how fun. I LOVE San Francisco and so many fabulous places to eat (don't eat on Fishermen's Wharf, much better food elsewhere in the city). FW is just a tourist trap these days.

Have a good time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread