+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

Unk that is terrific that your company has done that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

My good news is that my husband and I got up this morning; we are fairly healthy, and our children and grandchildren are healthy and doing well.

For me that is the best news of any day.

Not only am I feeling a lot better, but my parents called to tell me that they will be bringing me a home-cooked DINNER tonight!! So, so thoughtful of them. I'm going to go bake a pie as a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3735639;
    Not only am I feeling a lot better, but my parents called to tell me that they will be bringing me a home-cooked DINNER tonight!! So, so thoughtful of them. I'm going to go bake a pie as a thank you.
    Glad to read that you are feeling much better and it is so nice of your parents to bring you some food. Take it easy on your recovery.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Today is my 11th anniversary.

My husband made me lunch.

My back is in pain and we have some cruddy stuff to do that's upsetting the day's plans - have to pick up my sisters at the airport and drive plenty out of our way to take them home, and we have to stop at my parents on the way also to take their trash out.

But we'll be ending the evening with a fun dinner at The Melting Pot, and if we're not too tired we might go see "Amelia".

Even with the detours, this will be a massive improvement over last year. For our 10th, my husband (who NEVER does the planning for ANYTHING) booked us on a dinner train. Sounds wonderful, right? Ride on a vintage 40's train, fancy dinner, entertainment?

The train ride consisted of going back-and-forth on a few miles of a rail straightaway that went behind some not-very-classy residential areas. At one point, we were actually MOONED by some people out their own kitchen window. We saw that, lots of trash, the loading docks at a K-mart I think, weeds, etc.

The food was cold, subpar, and we had to pay extra for beverages and tips. Since we were already pretty much broke from the cost of the dinner train, the extra unexpected expenses left us with nothing to make up for the debacle.

I think this took 3-4 hours. It was purely ridiculous. Even the entertainment was abysmal. Consisted of a "comedian" who also did a sort of Motown Revue. He wasn't too unfunny. But he ended up discovering there were a few fellow Marvin Gaye fans on the train, so about an hour and a half of the entertainment consisted of him playing obscure MG tunes on CD.

We were, at least, able to laugh about it. And this year, NO TRAINS!!! So all's good.

MRD

Well at least its an anniversary to remember. My husband and I would probably start giving each other train themed items for anniversaries after that because we are sick and twisted that way.

Hope this one is better. The melting pot is fabulous and I want to go see Amelia too. Happy Anniversary
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Happy anniversary, fiercecritter! Glad you are feeling on the mend, missyboxers.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! We had a great, great time.

myrosiedog - I wish we had thought about the train-themed anniversary gifts thing. That's a great idea.

My good news for now is - out of the blue, and all of a sudden, my back does not hurt anymore. Whatever was slipped, pinched, whatever is back to normal.

Taking it easy tomorrow just to baby it along and not accidentally kick it back into pain. But I'm so relieved the worst appears to be over. I really have not ever been in that kind of pain before, not even when I had surgery last year.

Fierce, Happy Anniversary - I loved the story of your 10th. Classic and you will both laugh over that experience for a long time I bet.

I am glad that your back has fixed itself. I know how terrible that pain can be. Have a wonderful night.

Fierce - I'm glad to hear that this anniversary was much better than your 10th! But, when it's as bad as that one was, there's no where to go but up, right? I'm also so happy to hear that your back pain is gone. Here's hoping it stays gone!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread