+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

I have to agree, take them in order, if there is one that's really hard, skip it and come back if you have time. Try to get the ones you can answer first and then if time permits go back.

My good news? I took a test on Mon. when I was still in considerable pain from the dental surgery. I didn't study much over the weekend, because I felt so awful and was on painpills most of the time. I tried to make it through school without taking a pain pill and couldn't, so by the time I got to the test, I was a little "high" on the pill. I was sure I did horribly. I just found out I got 29 of 30 correct on the test! I can't belive it. I knew I had done really badly. I struggled taking the test. But wow! I did better on this one than the first one.

Lopevian, I DO NOT reccomend going the same route. Vicodan does NOT make you smarter. I think I just got lucky.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Maybe it relaxed you just enough to go with your instinct and not second-guess?
    remember to play

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Ugh. They gave me Vicoden after surgery last year. It did nothing for the pain, but gave me horrible nightmares. I flushed that crap down the toilet and got percocet instead.

Uh, and to make this post on topic, I did nothing that required pain killers today!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3716652;
    Vicodan does NOT make you smarter. I think I just got lucky.
    Hey, look what it does for Dr. House!! (Just kidding.... remember kids, just say no to drugs!)

Congrats on getting such a good score on your test. I'd say the reason you did so well is because you're really smart!

My good news is that, after feeling kind of yukky yesterday and thinking that I might be coming down with something, today I feel fine.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3716787;
    Hey, look what it does for Dr. House!! (Just kidding.... remember kids, just say no to drugs!)

Congrats on getting such a good score on your test. I'd say the reason you did so well is because you're really smart!

My good news is that, after feeling kind of yukky yesterday and thinking that I might be coming down with something, today I feel fine.
    Lil Bit, my husband said the same thing (about Dr. House).

The prof is great and he repeats the foreign words over and over again, so I think that I had picked up on all that in class. The other students complained bitterly about how hard the test was because of the foreign terms and I was thinking "he repeats them all the time for a REASON".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am now officially no longer jobless! I applied at a costume store-made sure to give my application directly to the manager, who then told me to come in for an interview the next day. The interview went decently, but I had doubts-but I just got the call about 15 minutes ago and I start on Thursday! This is 10 months to the day after I was fired from my last job, and it's a place I actually WANT to work at. It is definitely a seasonal job-I hope that I can stay on through Christmas. I also have a couple applications still in limbo out there, and if I work two jobs then fine by me.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Trista, how wonderful for you.
    Congrats!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3716652;
    Lopevian, I DO NOT reccomend going the same route. Vicodan does NOT make you smarter. I think I just got lucky.
    No, the only pill I'll be popping that morning is my usual One-A-Day plus iron. Congratulations on passing your test.

Trista, congratulations & best wishes on your new job!!

Lil Bit, glad you're feeling better.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Trista, I'm so happy for you! Good luck with your new job.

mrd and lil bit, keep up your excellent work. You ladies make me want to go back to college.

Thank you! Today is running around, getting a few things I need (these cute Roxy flats that are on clearance for $15 at TJ Maxx, a retainer for my nose piercing since you can do retainers, but no studs, even ones as subtle as mine), and then the calm before the storm. If I am not mistaken, we can go in costume the week before Halloween, which will be way fun-not to mention they sell a ton of theatrical makeup and makeup artistry is the way I want to go. It annoys my mom, but I only apply to jobs where I know I would do well and that I feel are suited to my talents, because I was so miserable at my last job.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread