+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

famita, I'll do my best to take a breath. 3 hrs., 150 questions, 108 of which need to be correct. Sounds doable, right? Cogratulations on the quilt! Enjoy fancy-ing it up.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3715986;
    famita, I'll do my best to take a breath. 3 hrs., 150 questions, 108 of which need to be correct. Sounds doable, right? Cogratulations on the quilt! Enjoy fancy-ing it up.
    3 hours equals 180 minutes divided by 150 questions equals 1.2 questions per minute. EH. It's a cinch for you Lopevian! You'll do great!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh, I sure do hope so, gabriel. Thanks for breaking that down for me! That makes me feel calmer. Seems like ample time to me.

Nice to read all the good news from everybody!

MRD, I am happy that your dentist cared enough to try and fix all the problems and famita, congrats on finishing your quilt project. On time, even! Must feel good. I agree that king size is too big of a project. I like the crib sized quilts myself! I haven't made any for a while, but sure like to sew.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

MRD, that is just fantastic.

Crap way to get all that for free, but a fine result nonetheless.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3716164;
    MRD, that is just fantastic.

Crap way to get all that for free, but a fine result nonetheless.
    Well I believe that everything happens for a reason and that most times, good can come out of bad and that is an example of that here. Yeah, I was ticked off when it happened and I'm still kind of ticked that I lost a tooth that I didn't need to lose, but I was strugglign to be able to afford what I need done and now I'm not struggling, so it's worked out alright in the end.

Lopevian, remember the old saying: Whats the best way to eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Always, break big things down, because then it seems much more doable when you can look at the small steps instead of the giant ones.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for the sage advice, myrosiedog! My instructor suggested answering all the easy ones first, then concentrate on the harder ones. My "study buddy" suggested the reverse of that. I feel most inclined to just answer them in the order presented. The test is done on a computer, and will tell you at the end (once you finish, or the time runs out) if you passed or failed. I hope to see "Congratulations!" rather than "Better luck next time...".

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3716384;
    Thanks for the sage advice, myrosiedog! My instructor suggested answering all the easy ones first, then concentrate on the harder ones. My "study buddy" suggested the reverse of that. I feel most inclined to just answer them in the order presented. The test is done on a computer, and will tell you at the end (once you finish, or the time runs out) if you passed or failed. I hope to see "Congratulations!" rather than "Better luck next time...".
    Personally, I would take them in order, but skip over any that seem really hard and go back to those at the end. It seems like if you tried to tackle the hard ones first you could chew up too much time and then not get thru all of the easy ones before the deadline!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I've always heard "do the ones you can quickly and go back for the ones that take more time."

Thank you for the input, ClosetRTWatcher & Fierce Critter! I like the idea of skipping a tough one, and returning to it when all the others have been tackled. We are not allowed any scratch paper at all, not even a pencil, so my fear is I won't remember which numbers I need to go back to, and I'll end up wasting time searching for them. I really get what famita was saying about taking a deep breath, and staying calm. Test day is this coming Wednesday! Thanks again for the input!

+ Reply to Thread