+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Lil Bit, Great news.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

That's terrific news, Lil Bit. Congratulations!

My good news is that I got a temporary promotion at work. It's only for 4 months filling in for a guy who is deployed overseas for 4 months. But it's something completely different from what I was doing. It's much more challenging, and the days just fly by now. I absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3711288;
    That's terrific news, Lil Bit. Congratulations!

My good news is that I got a temporary promotion at work. It's only for 4 months filling in for a guy who is deployed overseas for 4 months. But it's something completely different from what I was doing. It's much more challenging, and the days just fly by now. I absolutely love it!
    Sounds like a nice change, scoutmom. Maybe the guy you are replacing will stay overseas and you can keep his job. That's what used to happen a lot when I worked for the post office. People would go off to do a six-month detail at another location and you would never see them again.

MRD

If he was deployed, he's probably National Guard and going to Iraq or Afganistan and will more than likely go back to his same job which the gov't requires be available to him when he returns.
    But Scoutmom, enjoy your 4 months, perhaps this will mean a more permanent promotion in another area.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Great news Lil and Scout Mom......Best of luck to you both!

You're correct, MRD. He's Air Force reserves. When his tour is over, he'll return to his "normal" job. He could be extended, but he could also return after his four months. There are other things going on as well, so I could be extended even when he does come back. We're just going to have to wait and see. But in the meantime, I'm having a blast!

MRD

My daughter finally got a job as a hair stylist. I went as her model today and they were very impressed and offered her the job on the spot. What blew them away was that she did a razor cut and the manager said that not many people can razor cut well and they get a lot of people asking for that. And I have a fabulous new haircut.
    So yay, we are all working and all going to school now. And I'm getting my hours raised again. Which is good in one way, but bad in another as I have so little time as it is now and working an extra day a week is going to be hard. But I'll manage it.
    So today is a banner day in the rosie household.

Yay for the mrd household! Sounds like everyone's going to be busy for the forseeable future.

That's great news MRD. Tell your daughter congratulations!! Its good that you're getting more hours but that's sure not going to leave you much free time is it? But being busy is good.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3714191;
    That's great news MRD. Tell your daughter congratulations!! Its good that you're getting more hours but that's sure not going to leave you much free time is it? But being busy is good.
    I don't have time now to do everything I need to do and getting an additional day at work is going to mean that the day I used for studying is going to be cut back. Oh well, I'll manage somehow.

Little rosie starts on Thur. and she already volunteered to do clip for the cure where they will be giving haircuts and donating the money they make from them for breast cancer research.

+ Reply to Thread