+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

That IS good news Cootie!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Wonderful news, Cootie!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

What wonderful and great news to read, Cootie! Bless the patients, their doctors, and your family.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Okay, so this one is a weird bit of good news - I washed my car yesterday and decided to pour the soap down the toilet. A fine idea, except that I forgot about a small sponge sitting at the bottom of those suds. As I poured the water from the bucket, the sponge flew out and the toilet flushed itself, sponge and all! I reached up into the drain area to hopefully fish out the sponge, but no such luck.

I was headed out of town, so decided to not deal with it until today. I googled toilets and clogs and figured out what I needed to do. The toilet wasn't actually clogged yet, but I figured it was going to be if I flushed that sponge even further down the toilet. I was planning to go to the store today to get a toilet auger and get it out that way. If that didn't work I would need to take the toilet off, something I didn't want to do at all (I have done that before). Mr. C is out of town so I didn't want him to deal with it either, but I did call him for advice. Like me, he was not that happy about our toilet/sewer being clogged up in our old house!

The good news - this morning I put my hand up into the part I could reach and the sponge had decided to retreat to that very area! Problem solved.

Whew!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My good (great) news is that the quilt I've been working on and need to finish by 10/10 is almost done. I will definitely finish on time!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3707414;
    My good (great) news is that the quilt I've been working on and need to finish by 10/10 is almost done. I will definitely finish on time!
    That is great news. Have fun finishing it up!

Good job, famita! I'm sure it's beautiful. My good news is I am starting classes this morning to study for my Life/Health Insurence license. There's a ton of memorizing, so I'm pretty much screwed at the gate, but I'm going to give it my absolute best shot. Please send alittle good luck old lopevian's way! God knows I am going to need it...

Good Luck Lopevian!! You can do it!!

I'm envious of you famita. I wish I was talented enough to quilt. Our little town has a quilt auction every fall for charity and the quilts are hanging in the store windows of most of the local businesses now. It's fun to walk around and see them and admire all the workmanship and hard work that goes into them.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Thank you so much, Lil Bit! Every "lil bit" helps!

+ Reply to Thread