+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Lil Bit-I'm so happy that things are finally looking up for you and your family!

Unk, glad to hear that things are moving again. It had to be frustrating while waiting!

My good news is that a customer brought in a "Amish Friendship Bread" starter-I can make a bread next Tuesday!!

Thanks for the great idea Gutmutter. I've been bringing up the subject of Baileigh coming along with Lexie someday on her visits and she always tells me that Baileigh needs to stay home with mommy. When I tell her that her daddy loves Baileigh and wants to see her too, Lexie has always said that he's HER daddy, so I'm anticipating a bit of jealousy. But Lexie loves to help me cook and bake and I think that is a wonderful idea to get her involved and create some fun for all of us.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3639617;
    Thanks for the great idea Gutmutter. I've been bringing up the subject of Baileigh coming along with Lexie someday on her visits and she always tells me that Baileigh needs to stay home with mommy. When I tell her that her daddy loves Baileigh and wants to see her too, Lexie has always said that he's HER daddy, so I'm anticipating a bit of jealousy. But Lexie loves to help me cook and bake and I think that is a wonderful idea to get her involved and create some fun for all of us.
    I also think cooking with her is a great idea!! To this day I have very strong memories of baking cookies with my grandmother. Especially peanut butter cookies because she would let me use the fork to make the crosshatch pattern on top!!

I'm thankful that my son has a new bed to sleep on.

Thought I might post an update. Our weekend went really well. Baileigh held her arms out and came right to my husband. (he's always had that way with kids) She was a bit restless the first night, but by 11:30 she fell asleep and slept the whole night. Kind of a surprise because they kept telling me that she always wakes up a couple of times in the night. Don't know if they were trying to scare us off or what but it'll take more than that. She took to us quickly and especially to her father which totally made his day. The problem, as I suspected, was Alexis. My angel quickly turned into a little devil. She was as naughty as I've ever seen her. She did not want to share her daddy at all! We tried to be as patient with her as we could and I would take her outside to play so my son could have some alone time with his new daughter, then he would spend alone time with Alexis while I took Baileigh into another room. Made for a busy weekend but we had fun. His ex and her family are still fuming, but there isn't anything they can do about it without disobeying the judges orders and being held in contempt, which I think makes them even more angry. My in-laws even came over to see her and that visit went well too. I guess that's proof that babies are little miracles.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3653891;
    Thought I might post an update. Our weekend went really well. Baileigh held her arms out and came right to my husband. (he's always had that way with kids) She was a bit restless the first night, but by 11:30 she fell asleep and slept the whole night. Kind of a surprise because they kept telling me that she always wakes up a couple of times in the night. Don't know if they were trying to scare us off or what but it'll take more than that. She took to us quickly and especially to her father which totally made his day. The problem, as I suspected, was Alexis. My angel quickly turned into a little devil. She was as naughty as I've ever seen her. She did not want to share her daddy at all! We tried to be as patient with her as we could and I would take her outside to play so my son could have some alone time with his new daughter, then he would spend alone time with Alexis while I took Baileigh into another room. Made for a busy weekend but we had fun. His ex and her family are still fuming, but there isn't anything they can do about it without disobeying the judges orders and being held in contempt, which I think makes them even more angry. My in-laws even came over to see her and that visit went well too. I guess that's proof that babies are little miracles.
    I'm so happy it went so well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was hoping for an update on that visit. I'm sure everyone will adjust as these visits become routine. See if you can make some special tradition for the older one and encourage your son to do the same. Glad things worked out so well for you!
    Count your blessings!

lil bit, thanks for the update, I am glad the visit was good for you all.
    Alexis will come around.

Lil Bit - I'm so glad that you and your son got to spend some uninterrupted time with both of the girls!! Alexis will get used to the idea eventually. It sounds like you are handling the situation beautifully!!

Lil, Glad to hear things are progressing for youall now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread