+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 829 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163563 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    AnaBannana - beam away woman - that's something to be proud of!!

Just a little update in my wacky world.

I haven't been posting much lately as I have been attempting to get a real teaching job where I get to have the same students all year. Subbing is wearing a little thin on me right now.

Regardless, I had an interview for teaching summer school English for high school last week. That was like a firing squad and considering I have credentials to teach elementary, if I get the job, it could be VERY interesting.

I had a job interview today for becoming a preschool teacher. That one was an hour and forty minutes and I got a tour of the school and all of that good stuff. I was basically told that they wanted to hire me right then, but they know that I am looking at other jobs so they are giving me some time to think about it.

I also am being persued for teaching first grade in Calexico. That would be quite a move for me, but also an excellent first teaching position. I am a little apprehesive about being so far away from all of my friends and family, but I will just have to wait and see.

I am applying for jobs all over right now. There is one I am gunning for in Northern California that I would LOVE.

It is a game of wait and see, but I am happy to have things moving.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

JLuvs, I wish you luck as you search for the right teaching position. It sounds as though you have a lot of opportunities available.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    I am getting the money for my sneakers. My grandmother is going to loan it me.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

JLuvs - it sounds like the State of California is fortunate to have you. Good teachers are worth their weight in gold. Good luck in your new adventure!

BEST of luck to you, JLuvs! May you find the best job suited for you.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Wow, I haven't been in here for a while, and this thread is bustling with good news. It's so wonderful to see great things happening to our Forters. Ana, Lil Rose played a solo on the flute once in 8th grade, and we thought no one had ever played as well as she did, ever. I can only imagine how fantastic your sons must be! Thanks for sharing their talent with us. John, nothing feels better than having all the planets align for the buying and selling of homes. Congrats! Survivor, congrats on graduating. Lil Rose graduates in a few weeks, too. I hope you're not as frazzled as she is...she's excited, but somewhat anxious, too. JLuvs, we Californians need enthusiastic teachers like you...good luck. Canuck and Marybeth, how fun it must be to have cruises to look forward to. Congratulations to everyone.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I finally have some good news to share! Whee!

My son won the Bantam Boys High Jump Competition today! I'm so proud, because he has not showed any interest in Track and Field.

Keep your fingers crossed that he makes the 3 pitch team. They have been practicing all month and will select the team at the end of the month. Tourney is in June!

Aren't kids great!! Good for you Junkiegirl for giving your son that extra nudge to give it his all. We will be rooting for him to make the team.

And thanks everyone for your kind words. I received several phone calls the next day following the show at school. People said I must have been the proudest mom in town on Tuesday. I think I am the proudest mom every single day.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Good news? Mmmm - not sure yet. I start a new job Monday. I'll be working at a craft store (which is totally my niche - so that helps with the butterflies). I haven't worked in nearly ten years, and have never worked retail. This oughta be a challenge for both myself and my poor supervisor. This is the first job I've had where I don't have to "suit up" - I actually get to wear jeans! But the best news is I get a 40 percent discount! Bad news: it's really going to put a damper on my fort time.

Second bit of good news: My daughter, Lori (Bailee and Kenner's mom), is starting her internship as "first call EMT" and therefore will be graduating from college in September!! She put herself through school without any help, while working full time, and taking excellent care of her babies. She is an amazing woman. So, I too, am a member of the "proudest mom" club.

+ Reply to Thread