+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 835 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162562 ... LastLast
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

What excellent news, John! That's got to take a load off the mind. Have fun decorating the new home and sailing away!

Just . . . uh . . . remember to come back, okay?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Well I'm back here on the FoRT.
    I'm going on a trip with my friends next Friday. yay!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Look at this--new homes, new shoes, people going home.

John, that's big, man. One may even say that's yuge. Congrats. What an exciting time in the lives of you and your wife.

Patricia, can you post a picture of these shoes?

To everyone who's going home or having someone pay them a visit:

Finally, Survivorgirl:

Congratulations! The week that I graduated high school, well over a decade now, was one of the best weeks of my life, and even now, remains one of my fondest memories. I hope you have a similar experience.

You're going to hear a lot of advice--most of it is cliche, but some of it is actually useful. To that, I add my two cents: cherish this time for what it is. You stand on the precipice of infinite change and infinite possibility. At no other time in your life will you ever have these many choices again. It's scary, I know. But I hope you find it exhilarating, as well.

Again, job well done! Congratulations!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Good for you John! Great news about your buyer!! Glad you don't have to double dip!

Patricia - enjoy those sneaks

SurvivorGirl - Enjoy every moment of your graduation. My only advice is TAKE PICTURES of the things you experience. I wish I had more pictures from that time in my life

My good news for today is very small, but it makes me happy.....the 5 day forecast looks sunny! Sun makes me happy. Walking my 4 mile walk with my ipod makes me happy, so sunny weather makes that possible! (I hate walking in the rain - can you say drowned rat?) It's the little things that make me happy (oh, and I won $3 on a scratch off lottery ticket. )

John, that's awesome, good for you.

Congrats SurvivorGirl on your grad, enjoy it to the fullest!

Marybeth, that's nice, sunny weather makes me happy too.

Woohoo...I booked a cruise. This is the first time in years hubby and I will have a vacation without the kids.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile
    Woohoo...I booked a cruise. This is the first time in years hubby and I will have a vacation without the kids.

I'm GREEN with envy! I booked the disney cruise for next October (ugh - 2006! it's a long wait!) for our 10 year anniversary (and just not ready to leave my daughter for a full week).

What ship? I loved the RCCL ship I was on for our honeymoon. It's the only other cruise I was on and loved it!

Enjoy!!!

Carnival Pride. I would rather have gone with Norwegian or RC but we had very specific dates we had to accomodate. However, since we booked the flight to LA on points I splurged and got the Junior Suite.... thanks marybethp!! When you're far from home it is nice to have something to look forward to!

Okay this might be long, so I apologize in advance- I am one proud Mama Bannana.
    Last night was our high school Spring choir concert. My sons, one a senior the other a freshman had AWESOME performances. First, my son Danny (the senior) was pretty much the star of the show. He performed a song that he wrote and played on his guitar. AMAZING! Then, they did a compilation of songs from Aladdin - he was Aladdin. TOO funny!

They, my younger son Joe (a freshman) performed a solo that was nothing short of spectacular. Then, after his standing ovation, the music instructors awarded their first ever outstanding vocal student award, as voted on by all the students in the vocal classes (more than 100 students total). Ladies and gentlemen - the award went to - my son JOE!!!
    <---me grinning with pride

Then to end the show, the entire vocal cast of 9-12th grade students performed music from The Phantom of the Opera, and my son Danny was the Phantom. All the kids did a great job, but I was extra proud of those kids of mine. The final performance of the night was the Senior vocal ensemble students singing "Friends"... cuz every night needs a little cheese.
    Who needs American Idol when I got the real thing right here in my own house?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Ooooo Ana! I just got goosebumps reading your story. Too cool! I mean, *I'm* beaming with pride, and I'm not even their mama.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread