+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Congratulations to your daughter, Cootie!! Is she heading straight into the work force or she is going to get another degree?

MRD

Congrats to you and your daughter Cootie. That's a great accomplishment.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Just got a call from my husband and a "friend" of one of the men arrested for breaking in and stealing my husband's tools has started cooperating and they now have names and addresses of the places where the tools were sold. Don't know if this means we'll get anything back or not, but at least it's a start.

I hope if there's a trial, it'll be short and sweet (so they don't need to keep the tools as evidence).

ClosetNerd - I am so happy your son is feeling better!!!!

MRD - Congrats on your daughter's engagement!! It sounds like she will have a lovely wedding. They may be young, but if they are committed (and it sounds like they are), they will be just fine. Mr.CRTW and I were both under 20 when we got married. We are coming up on our 16th anniversary later this year!
    ETA - Also congrats on the tools. I hope they have some success recovering the items!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3425848;
    ClosetNerd - I am so happy your son is feeling better!!!!

MRD - Congrats on your daughter's engagement!! It sounds like she will have a lovely wedding. They may be young, but if they are committed (and it sounds like they are), they will be just fine. Mr.CRTW and I were both under 20 when we got married. We are coming up on our 16th anniversary later this year!
    ETA - Also congrats on the tools. I hope they have some success recovering the items!!
    Thanks and thanks for saying that about the wedding as several people have felt the need to point out how young they are. Which is none of their business, but well, you know how that goes.

So more on the tools. The "friend" of one of the thieves (Little "D" is his "name") won't talk to the cops because he says the cops are on the "payroll" of the theives. (who knows if this is true, personally I don't think so, but you never know), but he "fingered" (ok, we watch too many cop shows) the concrete guy who poured the driveway as the guy who set up the job. The house was broken into the day after the driveway was poured. The driveway was messed up and the concrete contractor won't fix it, so the homeowner (who contracted out the concrete work himself without involving my husband) is suing the concrete guy. So my husband has given all this to the police and they are going to pick up Little "D" and talk to him. Meanwhile, they have addresses and names where the tools were sold. At this point, we've replaced most of the tools out of our own pocket, so who knows if and when we'd get them back.
    The whole thing sounds like something that should be on Barney Miller or something. My husband has put in more investigative work than the police on this by now. (I secretly have been calling him Barney Fife).

And the one damn thing we still have that no one would steal is the ONE thing my daughter is carrying on about is the concrete mixer thing we have that is HUGE that is in the backyard and she's afraid her dad wont' move it for the wedding (which is 18 months away). I said I'd just tie a bow on it.

Geez, our life, it's a soap opera. We should let people just film us, it'd be a reality show all right.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3425644;
    Congratulations to your daughter, Cootie!! Is she heading straight into the work force or she is going to get another degree?
    My daughter has two majors in science and hopes to go to grad school, but not until she works for a bit. She hopes to get some work doing research in her fields, marine biology and environmental science. She will be working at the college this summer as a TA, so that is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3425989;
    . . . And the one damn thing we still have that no one would steal is the ONE thing my daughter is carrying on about is the concrete mixer thing we have that is HUGE that is in the backyard and she's afraid her dad wont' move it for the wedding (which is 18 months away). I said I'd just tie a bow on it . . .
    Ooh! Or you could make a nice arrangement of big flowers and use it as a vase!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3426119;
    My daughter has two majors in science and hopes to go to grad school, but not until she works for a bit. She hopes to get some work doing research in her fields, marine biology and environmental science. She will be working at the college this summer as a TA, so that is a start.
    CootieCongradulations to you, Mr.C and your daughter, what interesting majors. I know you are proud of her.

Mrd I hope this all gets resolved for you.
    Tell your daughter, my dad an old 98 olds in our front yard when my sister got married, a studabaker in the side yard when I got married.
    My mom worked for a construction company and both cars just vanished before our weddings.

We had a great weekend!

For the Kentucky Derby hubby bet his last $2 on his betting slip on his birthday - 8/16. Neither of us knew the odds on Mine That Bird, until the payout was shown: $2,075 for a $2 exacta!

Needless to say, we spent 1/2 of it yesterday. Got a new piece of jewelry for me and clothes & new cell phone for hubby.

+ Reply to Thread