+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

MRD - how exciting!! I'm betting the wedding will be held on a weekend when the Gators aren't playing!!

Our wedding was very small and casual. My mother went all "mother of the bride" on me for ONE day - but we took care of most of the arrangements in that one day and then went out for a drink. She wore pants to the ceremony and I thought she looked great. My dad wore nicely pressed new jeans and his two elderly aunts (who were not there) are STILL chiding him for wearing jeans to his only daughter's wedding.

Waldo as a ring bearer scares me. If I were you, I would get that ring appraised when you have it resized just in case he eats it or something!
    Look for a bowtie/costumes for the dogs around Halloween - that's usually when the most dog apparel is available at Wal-Mart or the pet stores. I have even seen bride costumes for dogs and that would be HILARIOUS for Rosie.

Good luck with the planning and congrats to the happy couple!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

She wants to use orange and yellow for her colors, so I said I'm going to wear blue and stand next to the bridesmaids all afternoon in their orange and yes it will be a football Sat., I'm sure as she doesn't care about football.

If and that's a BIG IF, Waldo were the ring bearer, he would have fake rings. My mother willed her engagement ring and wedding band (platinum with diamonds) to my daughter, so we don't want to take a chance that WAldo would lose them.

She wants to use sunflowers, so I thought about decorating a leash with small fake sunflowers for Rosie. We have actually thought about letting the dogs come to the wedding. It is their backyard too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wonderful news, MRD! Let us plan the wedding for you! Bride and groom outfits for your puppies. I think the pant outfit sounds great! Congrats to Little Rosie and your soon to be son-in-law!

Congrats to Rosie Junior!!! My niece had sunflowers at her wedding and they got married at her parents home. My sister in law planted sunflowers in the spring and by the time the wedding came around, they had a sunflower lined "aisle" to walk down. It was really beautiful.

I think you can wear anything you want. After all, you are the mother of the bride. Who would dare tell you no?!?

My brother and his wife never dated anyone else. Started dating when he was 15 and she was 14 and are still together today and he's 63 now, so maybe this just means that little Rosie found her soul mate right off the bat and she doesn't need to go through all the bother of kissing all those toads!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Great idea about planting sunflowers. I never thought of it.

Well I remember the fights my mother and I had and I have ONLY two requests for the wedding. One is for the song for the father/daughter dance and the other is.....I can't remember the other. She's paying for a lot of it herself, so to avoid any more fights, I'm letting her do what she wants. She is being very frugal so far and has a lot of good ideas so it's not hard to let her have control. So far there are not a lot of weird, far out ideas, except for orange bridesmaid dresses, but it is a fall wedding.

But it should be fun and I hope not too stressful. And it's giving my husband incentive to start working in the yard. Always a good thing.

Oh, I can hardly wait to hear from the future MIL. She and I have met, she's ok, but I have a feeling that she will have a LOT of complaints. Glad they live 2 states away. And if she starts, then I'll ask how much they are contributing and their input will coincide with monetary contribution percentage.

Ccongrats on the upcoming wedding MRD.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3421789;
    I do think they are young, but my daughter will be almost 20 by then, so..........
    CONGRATS!! Husband and I will be celebrating our happy 10th anneversary this fall. The month after that I turn 29 and 2 1/2 months later husband does as well. So sometimes young isn't a bad thing
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Good news! After months and months of fighting with Doctors to see my oldest son for his bleeding problem we finally found a pediatric gastroentologist just 4 hours away to take us. A few trips to Burlington VT later my son had surgery on Tuesday and is back to his happy healthy self already. In fact he's happier! because we no longer have to scrutinize and log everything he eats and every BM he has. He can go back to eating all the apples, pears prunes, broccolli, nuts and corn he wants The poor boy was just miserable on his low residue diet. We are definately a high fiber / natural foods family
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Congrats MRD, and I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys. ClosetNerd, that's great that your son is happy and healthy

MRD

Closetnerd, I'm so happy your son got everything fixed and he's happier and I'm sure you are as well.

+ Reply to Thread