+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 830 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161561 ... LastLast
Like Tree651Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Premium Member
    I'm excited because my baby is coming home from college today. He's only an hour away and comes home most weekends, but I can't wait to have him home for the summer. One of his roommates is, to quote someone over in the Bachelor thread.. "bat-poop crazy" and I will be so relieved when he is out of there.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    There are exactly 4 days of regular school, one week of finals, and 4 days of activities before graduation! Exciting, but sad.

I changed my avatar because I am flying home in two weeks . The plan is just for the summer (about 10 weeks), but in case I would miraculously run into a job there I might stay. This will be interesting with the kids though, because they are so used to hot & humid weather now, that they just complained this morning that it was freezing outside (62F/16C), and that would be the average summer temperature at home . Well, at least they can go to Sauna everyday if they like .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I changed my avatar because I am flying home in two weeks . The plan is just for the summer (about 10 weeks), but in case I would miraculously run into a job there I might stay. This will be interesting with the kids though, because they are so used to hot & humid weather now, that they just complained this morning that it was freezing outside (62F/16C), and that would be the average summer temperature at home . Well, at least they can go to Sauna everyday if they like .
    I wish I was going home. If you live in a foreign country, going home is the best! I am going home permanently in August. I hope the job works out for you, if it does you can come visit me on vacations.

Astrogirl, good to hear you get to move back home again , I remember you mentioned earlier wanting to eventually move back. I would love to come to visit you sometime, Denmark is beautiful. And maybe you could head up north my way sometime, too, if I get to move back .

ps. To anyone wondering this little discussion, it is not that States would be a bad place to live, it is a great place to live, but home is just a matter of where your heart is .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    Astrogirl, good to hear you get to move back home again , I remember you mentioned earlier wanting to eventually move back. I would love to come to visit you sometime, Denmark is beautiful. And maybe you could head up north my way sometime, too, if I get to move back .
    Yeah, that would be cool.

ps. To anyone wondering this little discussion, it is not that States would be a bad place to live, it is a great place to live, but home is just a matter of where your heart is .
    Yeah, home is always best. I think I have gotten used to some of the many great things I have here, and wont have at home, so it will be a bit of an adjustment. They don't have TiVo in Denmark yet, but they do have DVR's without a built in schedule, so I guess I will make do, and I will miss all the reality shows I watch, but there are some good ones in Denmark too. And also, what am I going to do without Gatorade and caffeine free sodas?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I'm excited because my baby is coming home from college today. He's only an hour away and comes home most weekends, but I can't wait to have him home for the summer. One of his roommates is, to quote someone over in the Bachelor thread.. "bat-poop crazy" and I will be so relieved when he is out of there.

That's great Marley. I still have a month to go before my girls are home for the summer. And right now it is "drama on the high seas" with my younger ones roommate. It's hard when you can't be there.... but not long now!

I received good news today. The one couple who walked through our home that's for sale called today, and want to buy it. At the asking price.

We're closing on our new house next Thursday, and were a bit worried about double payments for a while. Now, that's not going to be a problem, and we can focus on our new home.

Oh, and of course, I bought a boat, but I shared that in the other thread

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    MY Grandmother said that hse may think about giving me $90 dollars! So I may can get the sneakers on Saturday.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I received good news today. The one couple who walked through our home that's for sale called today, and want to buy it. At the asking price.

We're closing on our new house next Thursday, and were a bit worried about double payments for a while. Now, that's not going to be a problem, and we can focus on our new home.

Wow! What a great stroke of luck. Good luck with the closing and enjoy your new home/property/boat.

+ Reply to Thread